General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"FRIDAY THE 13TH,WHAT A DAY"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 16 Jun 2008 16:05

"FRIDAY THE 13TH,WHAT A DAY"

Last Friday the 13th June, I found out at identical time, that my eldest and youngest grandsons had been involved in trauma!
My youngest Davey who is 3 in September, was burnt by iron falling off board, and burning him from shoulder too thumb, HE is going to be ok but dressings have to be changed daily by district nurse for a while.
My Eldest Liam he is 20 was attacked by 4 yobs and had his jaw broken, he has been in hospital since then and is being released later today after operation to pin and screw it!
What a day!

Davex

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 16 Jun 2008 16:08

Oh Dave
So sorry to hear that
Hope they will both recover soon
Grandchildren are so precious
(as are all children )
jenxx

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 16 Jun 2008 16:10

thanks so much Jen!
Dx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 16 Jun 2008 16:14

oh no dave
you worse nightmare,
i know it would be mine

thinking of you and your two lads,
i send them hugs

my lads 17 and i worry so much about him going out at night with mates, or even walking uup road in day light lately
hope they both feel better soon
xx

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 16 Jun 2008 16:16

thanks Julie they will be ok both tough boys
Dx

Dianne

Dianne Report 16 Jun 2008 16:28

Hi Dave

Love n hugs for your grandsons. Hope they will both be ok soon.

Dianne xx

Deanna

Deanna Report 16 Jun 2008 16:36

Oh Dave that is dreadful.

that poor wee mite... is he okay now?

And your lad.... what can I say?
There are so many idiots in this world.
What have the doctors said, is he going to be okay...
I hope it does not destroy his confidence.
Bless him.

Deanna X

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 18 Jun 2008 10:17

they are both doing ok Liam came out yesterday they have pinned is jaw from the inside so no scar, glad about that he is an handsome young man,
Little Davey is having his dressings changed by district nurse daily.He has got a bit of infection in it but he is on anti-biotics. He is tough little mite for not quite 3
Davex