General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im fin spittin feathers..................AGAIN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

NOG

NOG Report 19 Jun 2008 09:44

...........my oh just texted me 2 tell me his shifts r chanin at work.not 2 bad 4 some but this is d 2nd or 3rd time ( ive lost count) this yr its happened.but they put in it the contracts that they can do this as long as they give them plenty off notice.........well it starts in july so i surpose they have. but im so sick we cant plan anything cos they keep changin his shifts.he's already missed out on 1 holidy cos they changed his shifts & then wouldnt/couldnt give him the dys of that he was routered off 4.he's told me that he's still got his hoildys 4 july so i hope 4 his works sake that dont change!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry rant over im just so sick of where he works grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NOG

NOG Report 19 Jun 2008 09:53

dusn't always work in that place island :0((

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 Jun 2008 10:20

sorry hun they have did this to him again

kicks his boss xxx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 19 Jun 2008 10:36

Aw Peggy I know exactly how you feel Hon. It's so frustrating. I had this with OH's job for the last two years.He's just started a new lower paid job but this one has every weekend off guaranteed. It's so much better even if the money is pants lol.

Some companies just don't inspire any loyalty do they? and I wouldn't say that a fortnights notice is that long during the summer seeing as it's obvious people will have already booked days away hols etc.

Hope it all turns out ok.

xx

NOG

NOG Report 19 Jun 2008 10:45

i wish mum lol.

well muffs hes been there nearly 5 yrs & this must of happened atleast 7 times now if not more!!

lwh. ur not wrong there.hope ur oh not 2 worn out 2 enjoy his time off.

NOG

NOG Report 19 Jun 2008 12:03

well u can always say well as uve got the time off........................hehehe

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 19 Jun 2008 12:16

oh noooooooooooooooooo

not agian!!!!

id be kickin right off the pack of £$%£s lol

Theresa (Cork, Ireland) 157164

Theresa (Cork, Ireland) 157164 Report 19 Jun 2008 12:55

I suppose our problem isnt so bad and I am glad my OH has a job after being made redundant so many times.

We've just come back from a week in the UK and the only part of his job that was done whilst he was off was the payroll- and that wasnt right, he had to sort that out this week as they forgot to pay the lads for the bank holiday....not great fun when you have to go over the hours for over 80 employees! He always comes back to the weeks work he missed whilst he was away which means his first 2 weeks back at work are really stressful... Is he really taking a holiday from work when he still has to do it all when he gets back? He refuses to take more than a week off and always feels obliged to work a Sunday before or after, just to be sure the wages are correct.

I suppose he doesnt want to let people down but he already is stressed and the last few days of a holiday are a build up to returning to very stressed! Cant win really!

love Theresa