General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help with emails please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 20 Jun 2008 17:41

Thanks everyone.

Linda

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 20 Jun 2008 16:21

Hi Linda,

Just go on MSN and join, you will then be able to make up your own e-mail address and be able to send and receive e-mails to and from your friend without anyone in the family being able to see or read them because you need a password which only you will know. Just rememer to give you friend your new e-mail address.

Betty

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 20 Jun 2008 16:17

Just set up a gmail account then it is kept totally apart from your isp account.
Merely putting them into a spam folder will not hide them and they will also probably be automatically deleted after a set period of time.

Ron2

Ron2 Report 20 Jun 2008 16:10

Dont know which ISP you with but most provide the facility to create 5 EMail addys so you could create one specially for your friend to address her Es to. I use Virgin.net and currently have 3 different addys. Only the main/original addy will download to Outlook Express the others have to be accessed as Virgin Web Mail.

Hope this helps

Linda G

Linda G Report 20 Jun 2008 14:32

I have a friend who has a lot of personal family problems and she emails me regularly.

She and I don't want any of my family to see them. Can I have her emails put into my spam folder? How do I do it?

Thanks

Linda