General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Best story I've read all week!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 21 Jun 2008 21:46

Lucky girl!!

Hi Mary, good to see you,

Caz xxx

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 21 Jun 2008 21:43

Wow! .....would love to know how she got the dress to go through her printer though :-))))))))

Susan
x

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 21 Jun 2008 21:41

I have 250 plus - but they were like rabbits my GG and GGG grandparents - 14 children was not unheard of on one branch and 12 on another! So when all that lot had children it soon mounts up. LOL

Tina x

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 21 Jun 2008 21:36

Greylady......I have 270 in mine and nope not got certs for them all...just gggggranparents etc....and then ones I find most interesting....its the work you put it to ..well done on your 68..x

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 21 Jun 2008 21:32

It is a wonderful idea though:))))

If her ancestors had large families and she includes the siblings and their children, it soon adds up.

Pamela

Pamela Report 21 Jun 2008 21:28

Now I'm feeling totally inadequate as I've only 68 names and was feeling quite pleased with myself till I read this thread.

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 20 Jun 2008 21:18

It's a novel idea but sounds like she hadn't realised what a big project she was taking on!

To have got that far back that quickly (assuming it is correct) she must have found an ancestor from the nobility.

I hope other people reading that don't assume it is always that easy!

Sue

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 20 Jun 2008 18:10

You and me both Jen :-)))) Don't you just love these people lol

I've managed to get back to 1693 on one line.......and that's only because they were Scottish lol

Mary

I haven't got that many more Ann, and I've been doing mine for about 4 years lol

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jun 2008 18:08

she must have a very very long train with all those names!!!!! I've got less than 180!!

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 20 Jun 2008 18:06

Hi Mary
Could do with some tips myself
Jenxx

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 20 Jun 2008 18:05

My local paper has got a story in todays edition about a wedding dress made by a student. She had the novel idea of putting her family tree on the dress - so far so good.

It then goes on to tell how she had 25 names in January of this year and now she has over 500.......going back to 1450!!!

*note to self......must ring her and get her to do my tree for me* LOL

Mary