General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

~~~got me thinking, call it word association..but~

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*Ophelia.taking a break..*

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 16:24

With threads that are going around..where sometimes it reminds you..years back..of being in the playground....

what did you girls and boys used to play?...things sometimes you don`t see anymore..We had imagination...

my favourite was cat`s cradle..loved that..
anyone else?

SallyF

SallyF Report 23 Jun 2008 16:27

What's the time Mr Wolf?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Jun 2008 16:28

sticky touch
What's the time Mr Wolf
Whip and top
Chain touch
loads of skippijg games with rhymes - Teddy Bear Teddy Bear climb the stairs,
In and out the dusty bluebells
Mob

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Jun 2008 16:28

snap Sally!!!!

SallyF

SallyF Report 23 Jun 2008 16:29

Oh and one where the person at the front had to tell you how many of what type of steps to take. The first to the wall won. eg 'Sally take 3 Fairy Steps. George take 5 Giant steps.'

We also played a game where the girls were one side and boys the other and we for some reason held hands and the couple on the end went up the tunnel while everyone sang 'The Big Ship Sails on the Ally Ally Oh'.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Jun 2008 16:29

snow rain thuder ligting.....and 2 balls....

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 16:30

lol..Sally...:)

SallyF

SallyF Report 23 Jun 2008 16:31

Yes Ann. One skipping game we played a lot was
I like coffee,
I like tea,
I like so and so,
In with me.

And the person named at so and so would jump in and skip with you.

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 16:31

dont know that one Hayley..but sounds intriguing...

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Jun 2008 16:35

2 balls that you throw at the wall....and the other was like freeze...last one in won..

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 16:41

~~I used to play the two tennis balls on walls for AGES!.....again with lots of little rhymes..used to throw balls under legs..turn around..dont see kids doing that sort of thing anymore..

SallyF

SallyF Report 23 Jun 2008 16:52

We used to play a game where you bounced a ball against a wall in a more and more complicated series of moves, and if you dropped it you were out. I think you threw it once and caught it. Then you let it bounce once and caught it and went on like that. Two hands first then the hand you wrote with and then your other hand. There were seven different bounces in all.

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Jun 2008 16:53

used to play D.O.N.K.E.Y. You had to throw tennis ball against wall and leapfrog over it, if the ball touched you or you missed it that would mean you had to take the letter D , so on and so forth, when you reached the letter Y you were out, it then carried on till there was one player and they would be the winner

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 17:14

we used to get knicker elastic..one girl each end..do cats cradle..the elastic would get higher..and higher..up legs..had to jump on the elastic..and do lots of little maneovers...

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 17:25

...*Jacks..with small bouncy ball...

SallyF

SallyF Report 23 Jun 2008 17:50

Lily we used to do that with elastic. And when I wanted to practise at home I used to use chairs to hold it. Not very successfully I must add!

Margaret was it the big ship game that brought back memories?

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 23 Jun 2008 17:52

~~~yeah..lol..we used to use chairs too..!..prob was they kept getting knocked over! ~~

(Ahh the memories..all flooding back~~~)

♫≈♥≈♫miss chief

♫≈♥≈♫miss chief Report 23 Jun 2008 17:53

American skips...loved that.

SallyF

SallyF Report 23 Jun 2008 17:54

What was that like miss chief?

♫≈♥≈♫miss chief

♫≈♥≈♫miss chief Report 23 Jun 2008 18:20

Sally F........we joined lots of lacky bands together and two peeps stood with them round their ankles, we would scoop the bands with our feet and cross over the bands then jump and let them go but if the bands got caught you were out. not sure i'v explained that very well. lol

Lwh......did you call it french skips?
xx