General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

daughters asthma attack last week

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 23 Jun 2008 17:51

she was very poorly friday night saturday, it got worse and worse, doc gave her antibiotics friday and more new inhalers,
told her she was going in hospital if it werent better today
thankfully the coughs eased, and now grandaugthers getting worse,
she has inhaler but no diagnosis yet cos she so young
she been coughing for bout a week too,
bless um both,

anyone suffering same condition dont ignore it
go to your doc
asthmas so nasty and just makes you so run down

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 23 Jun 2008 18:12

Julie Ann
hope they feel better soon.

you are right about asthma with oldest went to a todler group at a special school and one of the teachers ran it, she disappeared one week and found out she had an asthma attack and died, so many of the mums went to her funeral had to stand so you are right people shouldnt ignore it.

d xx

Deanna

Deanna Report 23 Jun 2008 18:12

What a worry for you love.
glad to hear that she is a bit better, but do keep onto the doctor. I don't think they pay enough attention these days.
Deanna X

Hoobity

Hoobity Report 23 Jun 2008 18:14

Hi Julie Ann, I have asthma but I don't have asthma attacks which is quite different to having asthma. Mine appears if its too hot or too cold and damp or if I have a bad cold which too often turns into a chest infection. I often need antibiotics when I have a chest infection and these make my symptoms worse until I finish the course, many doctors don't mention this to patients. Hope daughter and little one get better fast. shirley.x

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 23 Jun 2008 18:16

thanks for that

i dont think they pay enough attention either, daughter saw asthma nurse week before, she was bad then, hubby took her to A an E midweek, she was on nebuliser, on the friday they put her on one again in surgery, i dont know why they held back on steroid tabs, cos she clearly needed them,

she just text to say , grandaughters chest is clear, but the doc gave her antibiotics anyway , she coughs just like daughter, i dont get why they say chest is clear, its in your lungs i thought with asthma too,

dawn its awful sad isnt it wen something like that happens, i think some dont realise it can be fatal

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 23 Jun 2008 18:18

thanks shirley,
thats how daughter is, not often has attacks, but if left too long with heat or damp weather, or humid, she gets worse and worse,
stress too makes it bad with her

tinkers

tinkers Report 23 Jun 2008 18:21

i hope ur daughters r feeling better soon this is a horrible thing to have a couple of weeks ago i was rushed into hospital with it

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 23 Jun 2008 18:23

you better now tinky

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 23 Jun 2008 20:18

Hi Julie Ann

I was diagnosed with asthma in my mid twenties, I had a really bad time in and out of hospital for about four years with it. I finaly found out I was allergic to my pet rats. They werent the only thing that set me off, humid or really cold weather, dry ice, polution and some strong perfumes still make me wheeze, but I havent had a attack for about 6 years now. If your daughter isnt happy with her doctor I would suggest she changes, my doctors son had asthmas so he is really into it and tried me on all sorts of new drugs untill we got it under control. I also practiced breathing techniques which really helps to stop you panicking when your having an attack, belive me I know how scary it is, it feels as if your drowning thats the only way I can describe it. Take a look at www.asthma.org.uk. I wish your daughter and g daughter the very best of luck in getting this horrid illness under control.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 23 Jun 2008 20:51

thanks for that
i will tell her to have a look on that website

she seemed to have good periods where shed go few years without flair up of it,
but lately she been bad

hopefully its calmed down now

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 23 Jun 2008 21:37

Hope your lass is feeling ok now Julie Ann, its a nasty thing to have,

Caz xxx