General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WWII Service Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 23 Jun 2008 20:48

Would anybody know if it is possible for me to obtain World War II Army Service Records for my Grandfather. Would they tell me where and when he was posted?

Any help appreciated.

Julia

David Charles

David Charles Report 23 Jun 2008 20:59

archives at kew have some as well but not complete

Julia

Julia Report 23 Jun 2008 21:01

Do you have to prove you are a relative, or can you just send for them with payment.

Thanks, Julia

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 23 Jun 2008 21:02

Hi Julia
I just got my dad,s records a couple of weeks back. I had to fill in a Certificate of Kinship stating I was the next of kin ( http://www.veterans-uk.info/pdfs/service_records/rn_kinship.pdf )
They said would take 4-5 months but it only took one.
I was very disappointed in the limited amount of info I received, but maybe you will be luckier and get more.

Julia

Julia Report 23 Jun 2008 21:06

Thanks for all your help, on this thread. I will send for them soon.

Thanks again.

Julia