General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Upsetting news today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 25 Jun 2008 17:54

My husband had a triple heart bypass last year but had a test last month and his heart was damaged when he had the heart attack so it had damaged his heart before bypass we are waiting to see Heart nurse(failure nurse) is what she is called to see what he can do or not do

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jun 2008 18:03

worrying news for you. Hope the outcome is better than you expect.

Ann
glos

Granny  Grumps

Granny Grumps Report 25 Jun 2008 18:05

O bless, keeping fingers crossed for you both.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Jun 2008 18:09

how worrying for you both - do what I do hun - expect the worst and hope for the best and I find it never turns out to be as bad as you thought it would!! works for me every time

Ann XXX

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 25 Jun 2008 18:39

Fingers crossed hoping for good news xx

Deanna

Deanna Report 25 Jun 2008 18:45

Hope he is okay Val, bless him.

We are having a few problems in our house over my OH, and son's hearts.
So I really know how upset you must be.
Chin up, and I pray all will be well for all of us.

Deanna X

JustJean

JustJean Report 25 Jun 2008 18:52

Sending love and prayers to you both,

God bless, Jean x

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 25 Jun 2008 18:59

I hope all works out ok Val,

God bless,

Caz xxx

Val

Val Report 25 Jun 2008 19:57

Thank you for your messages and my husband was 48yrs when he had both heart attack and operation

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 25 Jun 2008 20:51

Val, my husband had five by-pass grafts aged 54 in 1987 and was told he had had a heart attack about 15 years before which had left that part of the heart muscle dead. He recovered well until 3 years ago he went to GP after being breathless, referred to hospital for tests when it was found his heart wasn't beating fast enough and was told he could have dropped dead at any minute, but thank God they were able to fit a pacemaker and he has been fine. He goes to the hospital once a year to have the pacemaker checked. He was 76 on 19th June and insists he's not an old pensioner but a recycled teenager. So try not to worry too much, the things they can do these days are marvellous.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Jun 2008 21:33

Val - so worrying for you. Positive thoughts and prayers winging their way to you and your husband.

Special love & cuddles for you both
Steph xxx

Whirley

Whirley Report 25 Jun 2008 21:37

Wishing your hubby all the best Val and hope the news isnt as bad as you may expect.

Whirley
xx

Val

Val Report 27 Jun 2008 12:56

Thank you all for your messages most encouraging

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 27 Jun 2008 13:01

Wishing you and your hubby all the very best wishes

julia x