General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

1Andrea1

1Andrea1 Report 25 Jun 2008 20:52

Hi
can anyone tell me how to go about looking through records for people that you only have the surnames of and a vague idea of the year they married. I do know where they lived but I dont think that will help will it?
Thanks
Andrea

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 25 Jun 2008 20:53

If you know of any of their children, you should be able to get their birth certificate, then you will have the parents names, including the mothers maiden name....

1Andrea1

1Andrea1 Report 25 Jun 2008 20:56

Ok. Yes I know the mothers maiden name from the birth records but I dont know forenames. I dont quite have the resources to order certificates at the moment, but thanks for your help.
Cheers
Andrea

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jun 2008 21:02

Can you trace them in any of the censuses? What information do you have exactly, if you can tell us a bit more we may be able to help you.

Ann
Glos

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Jun 2008 21:45

What years are you talking about and are they common names ?

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 25 Jun 2008 22:00

Andrea has now put this on tips board on my advice, don't know if she's added any detail yet...