General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Feedback from York Family History Fair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TOR

TOR Report 28 Jun 2008 18:22

Hi know I haven’t been posting for a bit but thought those that know me would be expecting feedback about today’s goings on. Those that don’t know me – Hello and hope you enjoy.

As you have no doubt gathered from the heading this is about the day trip to the York Family History Fair. A while back Marge Simpson’s evil twin (aka Catherine From Manchester) and myself decided we were going to attend this event.

Anyway day starts typically (i.e. I’m late picking Catherine up), uneventful drive across the M62 to York. Arrive York Racecourse – first course of action to locate The Old Geezer closely followed by food to feed Catherine’s hang-over.

Whilst getting Catherine fed and watered we had the pleasure of meeting (musical symbols) Tina & Sue from Scarborough. Then the wandering began. The actual fair itself was a bit of a disappointment compared to previous years BUT the number of ex GR members we both bumped into was fantastic.

One thing I’m not sure whether I should be worried about or not is Mac. Always thought I was safe with him because as we all know he only has eyes for Catherine, now I’m not sure whether he’s a stalker or not. By this time Catherine and I had separated to pursue our own areas of interest and while I thought I was on my own I wasn’t. Every time I turned round there was The Old Geezer – a lovely man but terrible at blending into the background.

Anyway Mac – loves ya really – sorry we didn’t get a chance to say goodbye before we left.

Misbehaviour of the Day – Ron (Genealogy Printers) seen outside the venue – getting very close to a woman (who wasn’t his wife Carol !) and inhaling deeply (at least that’s what we think he was doing). Ron – most men just ask the woman what perfume she’s wearing !!

And finally we start the drive home. Both Catherine and myself discussing the people we’d bumped into and how it’s unfortunate that they no longer post on these boards. We both know a number of them still read the boards so Hello & Love from Catherine & TOR. ;o)). Apart from Scouse Boy from last nights conversation and today’s phone calls we know you’re looking in so a special message to you SHUT IT & BEHAVE.

As you can see Catherine didn’t take me to any strip clubs, neither of us got arrested, in fact we both behaved impeccably. Oops just worked out neither of us was drinking. Lol

Love to all who know me (okay and those that don’t)

T.O.R. ;o))

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 28 Jun 2008 18:53

glad u didnt end up in no strip bars lmao

xxx

TOR

TOR Report 28 Jun 2008 19:44

Nudge for Mac

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Jun 2008 19:51

glad you all had a great time tor

i did intend to go myself

but was erecting my new summer house

~~~waves to catherine~~~

TOR

TOR Report 28 Jun 2008 19:52

Joy

there really is no answer to your days activity that wouldn't get me banned. lol

T.O.R. ;o))

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 28 Jun 2008 19:55

I look forward to meeting you in Manchester in Sept , Mac ,
Ros xxx

TOR

TOR Report 28 Jun 2008 20:15

Brilliant Ros look forward to seeing you there and of course the sexy Mac

xxxxx (5 kisses to both)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Jun 2008 20:33

It was really nice to meet Tor,Catherine and Mac today at the York fhf.

Have put 6th September in my diary.

Sue

TOR

TOR Report 28 Jun 2008 20:34

It's that twinkle that does it Mac

TOR

TOR Report 28 Jun 2008 20:43

What another birthday ???

You have more than the queen. lol

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 28 Jun 2008 20:44

tor hes after ya money babes ill tell ya