General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Plantar Fasciitis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Red

Red Report 30 Jun 2008 22:49

Anyone had this complaint concerning the feet

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 30 Jun 2008 23:16

Yes..... my dad and sister have it too... mine is slowly beginning to improve, but it has been a year now.... a couple of months ago it was extremely sore and there were days I just couldn't bear to put my foot to the floor... but it hurt too much to keep still as well!! It is still very sore, but not excruciatingly so... well, most of the time.

It is tearing of the band of muscles that go from the heel, under the arch, to the ball of the foot.

There is an exercise that will help.. I'll pm you tomorrow with details if you want, but there is loads of info if you just google it! Also... good quality trainers will help... but not the ones that are for jogging as they cushion too much. As I say, google it, there is loads of info... or try About.com.

The muscle needs to be gently stretched as often as you think about it... and hold for as long as possible eventually reaching 30 seconds at a time.. and this should be done before you get out of bed, or up from a sitting position, if possible.....your calf and shin will ache for a bit!! But it will eventually start to feel better.

Love

Daff xxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Jun 2008 23:24

I just love these boards - you can get info on just about anything under the sun!!!

Ann XX

Red

Red Report 30 Jun 2008 23:27

Thanks Daff for that I don't feel I am on my own now was always walking about with no shoes on around the garden and to the washing line ,I don't any more .It is very frustrating as I loved to walk every where.

Tina-Marie

Tina-Marie Report 30 Jun 2008 23:27

Hello Red,

I too have had this complaint... agony!!! Worse in the mornings when I got up.

Mine was due to tonnage and since losing a ton or two and wearing very supportive trainers it has gone.
I would hate it to return. I hope you can find some relief, all I can add to what Daff has said is find some very supportive footwear.

All the very best.

Tina x

Lindy

Lindy Report 30 Jun 2008 23:35

"Heelspurs," I have them in both feet.

Have had them for the last ten years...There is only one remedy if you don't want an operation,massage feet with Volteren, elevate feet whenever possible, loose weight and walk a lot.

Good advise given to me by a foot doctor when I was told that I would land up in a wheelchair if I did not have the operation.

Lindy ;)))))))))))

Red

Red Report 30 Jun 2008 23:37

Thanks everyone for your comments and kind guidance wishing you well Chris xx

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 1 Jul 2008 02:55

I suffered with it for almost a year. Oooooooooh it was painful. Then A friend told me she suffered with it until an Orthopdic Surgeon gave her a shot of cortisone straight into the inflamed area. It has never hurt since. Well..........I went to the Podiatrist. She gave me a shot. It hepled for only a day. ( I think she was too timid and didn't go deep enough with the needle) So I went to the Ortopedic surgeon. He said " this is going to hurt" I said go ahead anything is better than the pain I'm having. (I couldn't even walk) Oh boy !! he wasn't kidding ,did it ever hurt. But you know what, the pain dissapeared before I left his office and I haven't felt it since. It's now a year later. I'm not sure if they will do that in England, but you could ask the doctor. I'm in California.