General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OK is this just me?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Jul 2008 14:52

or do I have a right to be a bit miffed?

Bro went to Daddy's grave today for his yearly visit and didn't call in and I am literally 5 mins from the cemetry!!

Bit miffed if I am honest!

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 14:54

He could have just made a flying visit and rushed off to do something else.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Jul 2008 14:56

He was on his way home from a training course........ I think its just me being daft..... I haven't seen him for months and I'd have just liked to have had a hug!!

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 14:57

Awwww.................phone him up and make him feel guilty:))

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 4 Jul 2008 14:57

I'd be miffed in similar circs .......................... xxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Jul 2008 14:58

Nah cos then he'll get all grumpy on me!!

Families huh? Ya can't chose them!!

SallyF

SallyF Report 4 Jul 2008 14:58

Yep, what Kitty says. Lay it on with a trowel and get his guilt reflexes going. :D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jul 2008 14:59

perhaps you should say something light hearted like " Thanks I would have liked you to have popped in tho even for just a cup of coffee" Blokes just done think sometimes

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 14:59

My brother only has contact via his solicitor..............we don't bother:(

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Jul 2008 15:03

I sent him a text saying - ya should've called in, I would've made ya a coffee..... but he won't reply!! ;O)

BOYS!!!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 4 Jul 2008 15:03

i know what you mean Pink....my bro/sis in law come down from manchester and visit other sil 5min drive away and then go to Isle of Wight to visit other sil but don't come to us. my oh says it doesn't bother him but it does....makes me glad to be an only child,

Karen x

Foggy

Foggy Report 4 Jul 2008 15:06

Pink Lady,
You can pick your friends but not your family.
I shouldn't worry yourself....that's life.

Dave xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Jul 2008 15:08

Ooooh I got a reply saying "wasn't on my own" - right so he can take a stranger to my Daddy's grave but not to his sister's house for a cuppa?

The boy is making excuses now!!

SallyF

SallyF Report 4 Jul 2008 15:13

Well my brother never visits me. But he is in Canada!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 4 Jul 2008 15:13

Hmmmm

well he may have had a colleague travelling with him i guess - it's feasible

sounds like you'll have to pitch yourself next to Daddy all day next year in readiness - then he can't avoid ya lol xx

Julia

Julia Report 4 Jul 2008 15:24

Pink - My old dad, 86yrs, used to call and shop for his sister in law, not his blood sister, a couple of days a week,and fetch her pension, prescriptions etc, and had a spare key so he could pop in anytime to see she was okey. Her sons had to pass his house to get to hers. Were they grateful, were they ekers like. He even mowed her lawn for her, and trimmed her conifers. I tried to put my foot down, but he did carry on. And they rarely, if ever called to see how he was. He was even sorting her out on Christmas day, just past, hospital etc. Once, she asked one of her sons to get my dad a bottle of a particular whisky as a thank you. When he gave it to my dad, he embarresed my dad. He had been father to these (boys) now grown men, for over fifty years, since their own father died. Thankfully she is now in a home, where she is properly looked after. But do you know, they still rattle our cages about visiting her.
Julia in Derbyshire

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 4 Jul 2008 15:59

My sister is just the same, drives down from Northants to visit my dad, little bro and mutual friends, I get to find out a week after she's gone home again! Oh well, her loss not mine!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Jul 2008 03:53

I never hear from my brothers and their wives, one will chat if I phone but rarely calls, could email but too busy making lots of money, and the other one the same, don't bother to make the effort myself now,as I got fed up with little or no response. Told my son not to bother to tell them when I pop my clogs, they couldn't care about me alive, so won't want them there at the end.
Lizx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Jul 2008 21:49

How can someone visit their Daddy's grave for the 2nd time since we buried him over 2 years ago and not take flowers?

But even worse, not remove the dead ones that were there?

Its really upset me that he did that!

I'm glad I am not the only one with useless siblings!!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jul 2008 04:11

Typical male, Pink, but maybe with being with a colleague, he didn't want to stop off and get flowers. Wouldn't have hurt him to take the old ones off and dump them, but I expect he knew his Sis would do all that was necessary.
Lizx