General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dreams....who has them?

Page 1 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wonder. y

wonder. y Report 5 Jul 2008 14:53

Eldrick, I read your mail often, and mostly I agree with a lot of your views. but you say that one cannot dream of the future, I am sorry to say that I have, I can't prove this to you, but I had a dream it was so vivid two nights running that my mother in law died, and the day after she did. and I was in another countryat the time and she had no prior illness. and I have other experiences, but theres no way I can prove them, but the one about my M.I.L. I told my own mother about the dream next morning, and a little while after the phone rang to give me the news, believe me , I would sooner not have those dreams, because its never anything nice.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 5 Jul 2008 14:32

Last night I had a wonderful dream.....I dreamt I got a villa in Tuscany for £196 for a month, all meals cooked, and the obligatory gorgeous chauffeur thrown in! lol The place began with T and had an x in it somewhere, so if anyone knows of this place, let me know. It may be my destiny:-) XXBC

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 5 Jul 2008 12:18

One of the dreams I used to have when I was working, was I was trying to answer a switchboard and it would not stop ringing. It was generally the alarm clock going off.

JustJean

JustJean Report 4 Jul 2008 23:11

I usually dream when I am not well, I also dream the sam e dreams over and over, always in colour and I can relate them when awake,I also talk in my sleep when I am unwell.usually about buying food....

Jean x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Jul 2008 22:31

Poor you Lindy - but then I recall you telling us some time ago that bad things had happened in your life, so perhaps that's it!!

Ann XX

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 4 Jul 2008 22:21

I can read in my dreams !!!
Ros xx

Lindy

Lindy Report 4 Jul 2008 22:07

Caz,

The few hours of sleep that I do get are always plagued with bad dreams...various dreams to be exact.

The worst always being when I awake in the morning which is a repetition of the same dream as the night before but with different scenarios. This dream always occurs in the early hours of the morning and then I cannot get back to sleep.

In my dream I am lost and trying to find my way back and a lot of bad things happen along the way to the extent that I actually feel physical pain in my sleep. However, I can never find my way back.

Not something pleasant to wake up to every other day. My mum always seems to feature in all of my dreams.

Subconsciously I must be worried about her more then I let on....

Lindy xx

X Lairy- Fairy

X Lairy- Fairy Report 4 Jul 2008 21:24

Hiya caz.
i said ages ago that i have a dream catcher for ya lol
but you have not sent me ur address ..
its worth a try and it works for me :-)
Rosex

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 4 Jul 2008 21:17

I often have vivid dreams (usually in colour) that I remember long after I wake up. Often I wake up petrified because of a dream - so much so that my heart is thumping and I daren't get out of bed. I have a recurring dream of having my purse/cards/handbag stolen - which I associate with two very unpleasant incidents from my past.

I occasionally have extremely vivid dreams about my Dad which I like to think is because he has visited me. These always leave me feeling comforted.

Everyone I have told thinks I am "weird" but I think it is just the way I am. I have noticed that the dreams increase when I am stressed.

Frances

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° Report 4 Jul 2008 21:17

on the nights i actually get some sleep, i dream very vividly, i can normally relate them to things that are going on in my life or thoughts or concerns i have

I can even get up go to the loo and get back into the same dream sometimes

xxLynnxx

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 4 Jul 2008 21:01

Hi Sue,

I feel mine too are trying to make sense of my life, many are very upsetting, thats whats difficult and i am left tired, finding it hard to cope with a full day,

Caz xxx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 20:46

I think it's Yung with a touch of Freud on a good night then! LOL

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 4 Jul 2008 20:42

Umm not sure which one there eldrick, maybe a bit of both, but i sure need someone to sort my dreams!!

Caz xxx

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 4 Jul 2008 20:35

Hi Caz

Very basically, Freud says your dreams are connected to sexual symbolism and Jung says they are an amalgam of your life experience.

Take your pick!

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 4 Jul 2008 20:31

What are the theories Eldrick?

Seriously Id like to know as my dreams stay with me, all day and far beyond,

Caz xxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Jul 2008 20:30

Think I dream every night - sometimes I can remember them, sometimes I can't. Those I do remember are ususally jumbled up things but in most cases contain some twisted form of what happened during the previous day- rarely are they bad dreams, and the best ones are when I dream about my lovely OH who is no longer here - just want those dreams to go on and on even if they are daft. I know they probably only last a second or two but they seem ages long

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 4 Jul 2008 20:28

Hi Sheila,

Maybe thats why i dream so much, because there is so much going on in my life that my brain is constantly wired lol

Lol BC, now they really are the type of dreams I want more off!!

Hi Eldrick, I dont see my dreams as predictions but they do upset me and i find Im exhausted during the day cos of dreams or should nightmares,

Caz xxx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 20:27

*thread flies over my head*

Yes Eldrick.............they did *nods wisely*

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 4 Jul 2008 20:23

I think thats a likely state of affairs, Kitty.

Of course, Freud theorised differently to Jung in relation to the CAUSE of dreams.

I like the Freud theory. Much more fun.

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 20:21

So maybe we remember our dreams when we wake immediately after or during the dream......................and forget them if we sleep on past the REM state.