General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well done Hannah doing race for life in Cardiff

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 5 Jul 2008 20:24

Well done Hannah!!!!

You must be soooo proud, Pam,

Caz xxx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 5 Jul 2008 20:23

Pam...............pass my congratulations on to your remarkable granddaughter.

Take everything one day at a time and I hope the consultation goes well for your sister.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 5 Jul 2008 20:20

Oh, Pam this time two years ago I was in the same place as you with a sad ending I am afraid.

However just wanted you to know I do understand and am sending you love and hugs.

Well done to your grandaughter a wonderful achievement!

Linda x

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 5 Jul 2008 20:13

My darling 15 year old granddaughter did race for life on Wednesday and like many thousands of other have raised so much money, what I found so hard is she wore a picture of my 47 year old sister on her back who is fighting cancer in both lungs, sadly the outlook is not good and I have tried to be so strong she wont tell our elderly parents (85&80) we were 3 sister and Linda died 12 years ago age 42, and she has only told her children half the truth so she has depended on me, when she is with me i am so strong never a tear or show of emotion and as soon as I go away from her I find it so hard to even say her name even now just writing this I am crying, during the week she sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a card " Pam, my sister, my rock thanks for being there for me" . I don't know if I can hold on for much longer trying to be strong,, on Monday we go to the hospital to find out if they will consider giving her any more chemo or nothing more.

I have three daughters and one of them said to me the other day Mum I cant imagine living my life without the others and that's how I feel, how will I cope.

Thanks for letting me put down my feelings and I know that on this site although I don't come on here often you are all so caring.

Pam