General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Teddy Bears

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 7 Jul 2008 07:22

I was just "talking" to a friend from here who is going to a Teddy Bears' picnic tomorrow. She still has her teddy from childhood. I still have my 2. Edward Bear and Susie Bear. They were both bought for me when I was born and are still very much loved.

I wouldn't let my son play with either of them when he was little, they are too precious.

Anyone else still got their Teddies?

Gwynne

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 7 Jul 2008 07:35

errm yes, I've got yellow Ted, blue Rabbit and Ted

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jul 2008 07:43

I never had a normal Teddy made of golden fur, mine is sheepskin.
He's looking a bit worse for wear now, like me.

When I was two and a half my younger sister was born and I'd watch Mum care for her. Ted got put on my shoulder to have his back rubbed each day and consequently is very bare on his back.
Still well loved though.

Gwyn

Gwenda

Gwenda Report 7 Jul 2008 08:18

Yes, of course. Mine was given to me for my first Christmas. Now a very threadbear (bare) after I trimmed his fur thinking if my hair grew so would his. He is still much loved and much to my mother's horror he will be cremated with me. With a bit of luck my 93 yo mother will not have to witness that -pmsl. He has now been joined by a cast of thousands but is still No. 1 with me.

Gwenda

Alko

Alko Report 7 Jul 2008 08:42

I've still got mine, his name is George. He was brought for me when i was born. Still love him and none of my kids have ever been allowed to play with him.

Linda

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 7 Jul 2008 08:44

Mine was beautifully handknitted for me but I am afraid I savaged it to death before I was ten! lol BC XX

Joy

Joy Report 7 Jul 2008 08:58

No; regrettably, I got rid of Teddy, my doll Alice, and Blackie my gollywog, when I was in my early 20s, thinking I was too old for them.

However, my father, in his declining years, gave me a hand-made teddy bear for my birthday; this teddy bear is also called Teddy and he will stay with me for ever.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Jul 2008 10:24

My Ted, 72 years old, is currently in an exhibition run by the National Museum of Wales - Growing up in Cardiff - he's sitting in a glass cabinet with other things until January!!! Love him to bits

Roxanne

Roxanne Report 7 Jul 2008 13:42

Oh Yes:-))
I still have my very first teddy,its now 48 years old:-)lol
I keep buying teddy bears for some reason,Infact I collect all sorts of cuddly toys,I must be going into my second childhood,I was never a big fan of cuddly toys until recently.
aren't I sad:-)lol
x