General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HEIR HUNTERS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 9 Jul 2008 11:28

Have just had a look at this site

the list is huge for unclaimed estates well worth a look

julia x

www.bbc.co.uk/heirhunters

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 9 Jul 2008 11:30

I never thought to look... will go do that now.

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 9 Jul 2008 11:31

Ooh must have a look, but mustn't be greedy, have already been "hunted" down once before when a cousin died with no family. Its amazing how much they take as a percentage as well! Not the particular ones on telly, this was another gen. firm.

Tina x

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 9 Jul 2008 11:32

One name on there sticks out hes called

mustafa kamel

lol

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 9 Jul 2008 11:34

LOL Julia, I had a chuckle at that too. None there of my lot. But some of the names it makes you wonder why they can't track them. Although after the case on monday where he'd changed his name and not done it through deed pole and you can sort of understand to a point.

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 9 Jul 2008 11:36

wish i was related to the guy that left 2 million that would help a lot of peeps out and still have change

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 9 Jul 2008 11:49

Twice we have been heir hunted.....there were so many relatives that the only ones who benefited were the solicitors.....which reminds me....must make a will.

S
x

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 9 Jul 2008 14:05

nudge

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2008 04:55

Hi Susan, you must indeed, don't forget your friends, will you lol?