General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any one suffer road rage

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Jul 2008 21:14

mild or mad

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Jul 2008 21:21

i get mad when people are discurtious,
or people just dont think theres anyone else on road,
other week followed a row of people playing dustbin men
cos they were too dim to edge out round the bin lorry

(`•¿•`) Loopy § Lady Ŀindy (`•¿-`)

(`•¿•`) Loopy § Lady Ŀindy (`•¿-`) Report 10 Jul 2008 21:26

Tail gaters are the pits!!! Especially lorries!!! I slow down to 20 mph when there is one in my mirror!!! If they ram me, I am done for!!! When will they learn!!!

Lindy xxx

Jane

Jane Report 10 Jul 2008 21:32

Agree about people not indicating on roudabouts.and tailgaters.
I once had while driving on the M11 a passenger in white van do a moony at me!!!!!!!!!I just looked out the window and saw this backside looking at me.I just smiled and mouthed "nice one" .Have to say I have seen much better.

ann

ann Report 10 Jul 2008 21:33

Pulling up in a car park and you park in the middle space of 10 empty spaces.Within minutes you have someone parked right beside you.Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Annie

andie

andie Report 10 Jul 2008 22:09

people who sit and watch the lights change and then decide to put there car in gear etc and by the time they have gone the lights have changed again,

i also put my windscreen washer on when they drive to close, he he he

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Jul 2008 22:10

you forget andie
they ave to take their bleepin handbrake off

Maria

Maria Report 10 Jul 2008 22:10

I keep fairly calm when I'm behind the wheel, apart from the odd sarcastic "thankyou so much for indicating (not) that's really helpful"

but as a pedestrian I get really cross, especially negotiating 4 young children over a school crossing when nobody wants to stop for us, waving me free arm in the air (other one holding a small hand or clutching a pushchair) saying (again sarcastically, I really must stop it) "Thankyou, thankyou so much for your consideration." Especially when it's raining. And we're late. And 2 of the 3 under 4's are trying to walk backwards ... ... Oh no the rage is coming - aaaaaaaaaahhhhh !!

Maria x x

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Jul 2008 22:14

ohi know that feeling broggy like they have to get somewhere so urgent tho your getting peed wet thru,

i always try to give way if i see someone walking with kids or struggling,

but they look at you thesse discurtious drivers like why are you out in the rain then
argh

andie

andie Report 10 Jul 2008 22:19

i have a hand gesture of course always with a smile and make sure they can see what i am saying at the same time. thought i was the only one who gets so wound up behind the wheel.lol

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 10 Jul 2008 22:21

No cos I dont drive

but I do get pedestrian rage does that count? lol

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Jul 2008 22:22

yeh jax
that counts

Onwe

Onwe Report 10 Jul 2008 22:23

I swear a great deal at other motorist. But in this town everyone knows everyone so you have to becareful with the gestures.

Maria

Maria Report 10 Jul 2008 22:24

Carrie I'm right with you on that one ... lol

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jul 2008 22:24

oh I am terrible. I shout at the world, am convinced I am the only person in the area who has ever had a lesson/glanced at the highway code, let alone got a driving licence!

I hate ...

1. those who don't indicate when turning, pulling out, changing lane, leaving a roundabout - DO THEY THINK I HAVE A ********* CRYSTAL BALL??!!
2. people driving up my exhaust pipe - I wanna get a big light up sign for the back of my car saying BACK OFF !!!!
3. those who drive through red lights GRRRRRRRR
4. cyclists who think the laws of the road don't apply to them
5. pedestrians who amble out in front of my car forcing me to screech to a halt
6. people who drive at 20 mph in a 30 zone
7. people who indicate and then don't turn it off
8. people who think having their hazards on means they can stop in the middle of the road
9. kids not belted in - why have kids if you couldn't care less if they live or die in an accident?
10. people who are on the inside of a roundabout then suddenly cut across in front of you to get to their exit - AARRGGHH !!! BEEEEEEEP !!!!

* pauses to draw breath *

pmsl - I feel sooo much better for that!!

Maz. XX

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 10 Jul 2008 22:26

the third lane is actually the overtaking lane not the middle lane

well that was the answer when i took my theory test anyway

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jul 2008 22:27

oh forgot one lol

people who don't acknowledge the fact that you have courteously pulled in or waited so they can pass - I thank them sarcastically.

of course if any of these got out and approached me I would be off so fast I'd be on every speed camera for miles pmsl

Maz. xx

Maria

Maria Report 10 Jul 2008 22:30

Yes Maz I think you can safely say you have experienced road rage ... wmsl

I know Julie Ann - and I always think I wish I could be stood there waiting to cross when I drove up to the crossing cos I'd always stop and wait, and give a nice friendly smile to boot.

Similarly I wish I would meet myself on a blind bend (becuase I'd be careful to be on MY side of the road (how novel))
or be the one passing, no not passing, stopping & waiting when I'm trying to pull out onto a busy road ... ...

what a shame we don't all live in the same neighbourhood or we could all be courteous and lovely to each other.

~~~~~ Hello to all

Maria x x

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jul 2008 22:36

lol Maria it would be WONDERFUL wouldn't it?!

Maz. XX

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Jul 2008 22:40

i love it wehn a really old guy strolls across the road at an angle, not straight from pavement to pavemtn but up the roadish
i gotta laugh, its like they saying
argh @*#~ um ive got thru two world wars, and got thru this far without a scratch let um wait,
lmao