General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Centre Parks to go or not to go

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 17 Jul 2008 11:58

Daughter has invited OH and myself to go to centre park
for a weeks holiday in august
We are both OPs
is it for us ?
has anyone been ?
Jenxx

Julia

Julia Report 17 Jul 2008 12:00

I will be interested in the answers to this, as me and OH in similar position.
Julia in Derbyshire

Meduck

Meduck Report 17 Jul 2008 12:01

I've been Jen albeit a long time ago. Its particularly good if you like swimming. Its got a heated area to sit around the swimming pool and/or swim (and pretend you're in a hot climate!). When I went most of the other laid on activities were quite expensive. However there are some nice walks or bike rides to go on

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 17 Jul 2008 12:09

Which one were you thinking of going to Jen?

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 17 Jul 2008 12:11

Hi Teresa
The one in Sherwood Forest
over 200 miles away from us
Jenxx

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 17 Jul 2008 12:14

I went with a group of girls to the one in Norfolk on a hen weekend.......we had great fun on the slides and pool, although the bride to be cracked her nose on the artificial rocks on the chute going down.......but it was OK.......a month before the big day....

The bicycles were great and we had great fun getting around on them.......but the fun part was being together, all of us in a group........I suppose it depends on the people you go with.....

I was 56......most of the others in their 30's.....

GI YID

GI YID Report 17 Jul 2008 12:16

Jen I have no experience of the Sheerwood Forest one, but the one on the Norfolk/Suffolk border has been loads of fun..................

Glynisxxx

GI YID

GI YID Report 17 Jul 2008 12:17

Sally........................was that you????????xxx

Meduck

Meduck Report 17 Jul 2008 12:19

Jen it was the Sherwood Forest one I went to.
Forgot to add that most of the other activites are sports related and that as regards cycling, the site is laid out so that can be done safely

Julia

Julia Report 17 Jul 2008 12:25

It is the one in Sherwood Forest I am interested in also, only about 20/25 miles down the road. I know this might seem a daft question,but are you allowed to take the dog.Thought I might just ask.
Julia in Derbyshire

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 17 Jul 2008 12:25

Jen I live about 20 mins away from Sherwood Forest. I went last year on a Hen party ( although it was not supposed to be a hen party if you know what i mean They are not allowed ). It was absolutely fantastic, the weather was great, there was loads to do or if you just want to chill that's good too. There are plenty of pampering places to visit. Lovely walks, nice bars and a wonderful shopping square, The swimming pool was just fab, relaxing, pretending to be abroad etc. Albeit it was quite expensive but thoroughly enjoyable, i highly recommend it. x

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 17 Jul 2008 12:26

I had to google to see which one we went to Glynis......very forgetful, too many bangs on the head.....lol...... it was Elverdon.....

I am 5 ft and the only one in our group who was riding a childs size bike.......I was OK as long as I kept peddling in a straight line, but was seriously a danger to others when turning.......one point I turned left and kept turning across grass and ended up in a hedge.......the others, did they help me (including my dear daughter)........no, they were wetting themselves laughing.....

......and Teresa, you are dead right, we all had to keep very quiet about it being a hen party........but we dressed up and had balloons and everything in the chalet.......great time....

GI YID

GI YID Report 17 Jul 2008 12:30

Lol Sally, so that was you......................

I used to live just a few miles from there

Glynisxxx

Julia

Julia Report 17 Jul 2008 12:30

Teresa L.A. if you are only 20 mins from the Sherwood Forest site, where are you. I am on the Notts/Derbys Border
Julia in Derbyshire

Maria

Maria Report 17 Jul 2008 12:31

Hi Jen I've been to the one in Sherwood Forest a coupler of times. I'd say definitely go.

If you swim it's brilliant - if you do any other sports there's everythimg there (was a bowling green when I went so not all really hectic stuff.

To be honest even if you don't want to do any sports I'd still recommend it -

one of the lovely things is that you drive in, get your keys, unpack your car into your little villa, and then take the car pack to the car park and don't use it again for a week. The fact that everyone is either walking or cycling makes for a very easy laid back pace and it's really relaxing just for that fact. (I think you can keep your car if you need it and you've got a disabled badge)

Go and have a brilliant time.

Lots of love,

Maria x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2008 12:36

We have never been but son and family love them. we also have friends in their 70s who go and enjoy them.

Ann
Glos

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 17 Jul 2008 12:37

Julia i am in Retford.

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 17 Jul 2008 12:39

Were you there Glynis then, when Jan damaged her nose on the curly slide thing, and Sally (another one) fainted.....

In the swimming pool area we passed sunbeds.......and when in the chalets it was lovely to look out on the forest, and the squirrells coming up to the patio doors.....

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 17 Jul 2008 12:46

It all sounds positive
What do you do if it rains (Not that its going to )lol
Jenxx

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 17 Jul 2008 12:48

Go swimming your'e gonna get wet anyway lol!!!