General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My ? Allergy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 18 Jul 2008 21:00

Allergies are so difficult , arent they Ros?

Caz xx

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 18 Jul 2008 20:58

It has gone but don`tknow when it will come back!!!
How are you, Pink ?
Ros xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 18 Jul 2008 20:48

Hope they sort it sweetie as it can't be pleasant for you

xx

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 18 Jul 2008 20:17

Got reply from Smith and Nephew saying it was latex in their dressings , but blood test has come back -not allergic to latex -still a puzzle, Ros xx

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 17 Jul 2008 23:27

Boots say Silicone but there is also nylon and lace in the tops. They are being very stubborn NOTgiving the details away.But as I said silicone very rarely causes allergies, puzzle !!!

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2008 23:24

Sorry Ros,

I used to wear posh bras (don't laugh). The wealds would start under the bra and then cover my ENTIRE body. I looked like something from a horror film. The A & E doctor decided that the elastaine content in the bras was causing an allergic reaction. This would start within minutes and I would be covered within an hour. They gave me anti histamine and told me too cool bathe wear only cotton until the rash went. Once I changed to a bra which was cotton only the rash didn't reappear.

Youngest had exactly the same symptoms but hers was from cut grass on the farm.

Your hold ups will have some sort of elastic woven into them, that was what reminded me of my rash.

Just a thought!

Sue x

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 17 Jul 2008 23:11

Linda , haven`t dyed my hair

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 17 Jul 2008 23:11

Julie Ann , the patient was in the surgery -`I`m a Practice Nurse.She had an ulcer which we`ve been treating for ages but this was a new dressing.
Sue , I`m really puzzled now, Ros xx

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2008 23:05

This is probably if no use but when I was pregnant I developed an allergy to elastaine (it was in my bras). I was covered from head to feet in really nasty raised wealds. Once it had covered entire body (including orifices) it subsided. I had to go to A & E in case my breathing was compromised.

Once I had bought all new underwear the problem stopped. Funny lot aren't we!

Hope you find out what yours is.

Sue xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 17 Jul 2008 21:53

it may of been something at the elderly persons house
wot was her problem with her wound

Linda

Linda Report 17 Jul 2008 21:51

have you dyed your hair recently ?as this can give you the same reaction

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 17 Jul 2008 21:18

I was doing a dressing on a patient when my eye lid became very swollen and puffy , one of the GPS said it was an allergic reaction , couldn`t think what it could be, that night when I took my hold-ups off the top of my leg was all blistered and out in huge wheals. The next day below my eye was puffy and the other eye lid swollen.
Don`t know what it is. Boots have copped out , given me £25 in vouchers and said Doctor at Allergy Clinic will need to write to them. All they say is that there is silicone in the hold ups but it is not an allergic substance , there is also lace and nylon in the hold -ups but they won`t say that Ros xx

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 17 Jul 2008 21:13

What is your allergy problem Ros?

Caz xx

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 17 Jul 2008 21:09

no further forward with what it is . Blood test showed I wasn`t allergic to latex , Boots have been very unhelpful , Smith and Nephew -the dressing manufacture said they didn`t know as I didn`t send the dressing or code number I did,
Have to wait for Allergy Clinic appt, Ros xx