General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sort my hair please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 19 Jul 2008 13:43

help pleeeeeease my hair is driving me mad
(without using any heating element) please can any-one tell me how to make my hair lovely and silky. i have been colouring my hair for years now and its going dry and wirerry.some lovely old fashioned remedys really welcome.

many thanks gwen xx

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 19 Jul 2008 13:48

To be honest Gwen, I have tried everything to calm my hair down, but it was so dry and brittle, nothing worked, until I got me GHD's (straighteners), and now the frizz has completely gone. I use a serum and smoother too, but even when I have washed it and got all the curl back, it's still not dry and wiry any more. Best money I ever spent!

So without heat, I can't advise.

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 19 Jul 2008 13:57

I have some straightners you can have Gwen

julia x

ginqueen

ginqueen Report 19 Jul 2008 13:59

Hi Gwen - I have exploding curls (too many years eating crusts) a hairdresser once told me always to use shampoo and conditioner with protein in - I now use Pantene and my hair's much better.

Linda
:)

cane

cane Report 19 Jul 2008 13:59

cheers teresa,cos i have always been a bit old fashioned i have been trying to hold back on the straightners but now i might give them a try.
many thank's teresa.

cane

cane Report 19 Jul 2008 14:10

AW thank's julia your'e a real love,my dahghter in law has some, she has been offering for some time now.might give them a try
and i will give the pantene a try linda.going shopping later so will get some.

xxxx

Iris

Iris Report 19 Jul 2008 15:22

if that doesn't work ,try olive oil (just a few drops) left on for a while,then shampoo out.

Merlin

Merlin Report 19 Jul 2008 15:30

Why not do a "Yul Bryner" Shave the lot off and start again.**M**.:o))))>

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 19 Jul 2008 15:50

Use an intensive conditioner once a week, put it on quite thick and i know it sounds strange but wrap your hair in cling flim, leave on for 15 mins then wash off.

Do this everyweek and you will notice a huge difference. I use treseme ?(sp) for colour treated hair.

ann

ann Report 19 Jul 2008 15:56

I use Osmo Essence Intensive Deep Repair Mask.It is for chemically treated hair,over stressed and heat traumatised hair.My daughter is a hairdresser and gets it from a wharehouse.Ask at your hairdressers. Annie

Easter Bunny

Easter Bunny Report 19 Jul 2008 16:10

I have thick,wiry hair with a tendency to frizz lol
Aussie hair products have helped loads.

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Jul 2008 16:19

There’s nothing wrong with grey hair. Ask any bald person.

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 19 Jul 2008 16:25

Works with horses too Gerald......lol

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 Jul 2008 16:31

try using wash and gone

hair today gone tomorrow lol xx

cane

cane Report 19 Jul 2008 17:40

Aw thank's so much you have all been so help-ful.

just come back from shopping here's what i bought
pantene repair and protect.
" perfect curls shampoo and conditioner
" enhanced layers.
now for the make-over.
luv gwen xx

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 19 Jul 2008 17:43

Hiya Gwen,

Im am exactly the same, my hair was curly and silky but as Ive got older its got frizzy,

I use tons of conditioner and soothing oils. Doesnt help a great deal though.

You have my sympathy love!!

Caz xxx

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 19 Jul 2008 17:53

I'm a bit late now but Redken shampoo and conditioner are great.....my hair is extremely curly,frizzy and thick....i use Redken Smooth Down shampoo...works a treat but would be lost without me GHDs

Karen x

cane

cane Report 19 Jul 2008 18:10

cheers caz,
no thats fine karen im'e still listening.

xx

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 19 Jul 2008 18:23

I had chemo last year and lost all my long, straight, blonde hair. My hair has grown back grey and extremely curly! I have had a gentle colour put on which is OK, but I just don't know how to handle it.

When I was bald I swore I'd never complain about my hair again so long as it grew back..but I hate all these damn curls! By the end of the day it looks like a bush on my head.

Dee
:(((

cane

cane Report 19 Jul 2008 18:29

so sorry to hear of your hair dee,you must have been so proud of it .will it not ever return to it's original form and colour,

all best gwen xx