General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TABLETS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 20 Jul 2008 08:51

Have we all taken them

I know how bad at i am for remembering to take them
so i thought this might remind us all
Happy pill popping

julia

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jul 2008 09:28

Yes, taken mine thank Julia

Ann
Glos

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Jul 2008 09:39

Hi Julia and Ann, I used to be dreadful at remembering to take my tablets
then I bought 4 of those 7 day boxes with 4 compartments for each day, now when i get my tablets I put each dose in the boxes and and then can see if I have popped all the pills.
The only thing I was doing wrong was taking my thyroxine with all my other pills in a morning and after 8 years read the leaflet properly and realised that you should take them on their own before breakfast, feel much better now am taking them properly.
Love Jackie

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 20 Jul 2008 09:40

I very rarely have to take any luckily.................I know I would forget if I had to take them every day.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 20 Jul 2008 09:45

i'll take mine in a minute.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jul 2008 10:16

I take mine at night time, and as I have caught ANOTHER stomach virus (the second in 3 weeks) didn't bother taking them last night as I knew they wouldn't stay in long!!!! Just as well they're not 'life or death' pills, just 'keeping me healthy' pills!!!

maggie

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 20 Jul 2008 10:18

yes taken them all 6 of them .
thank you Julia.
but i do intend to forget sometimes .
Hazelx

CRIPES_A_MIGHTY

CRIPES_A_MIGHTY Report 20 Jul 2008 10:33

Yep..take my 1st 6 of 10 aday....should have taken another before i even have a cuppa and sitt quietly for 30mins before doing anything....but forgot :(
Have to take that 1 tomorrow 1st thing.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 20 Jul 2008 11:08

Just remembered,taking them now.

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 20 Jul 2008 15:28

Have boxes marked for morning , noon and night, or I would be all day getting the right ones out of the cupboard as I take 6 tabs plus soluble aspirin in morning and 6 tabs at night. Also pain relief twice daily and the one which doesnt fit any timetable for my bones, it cant be taken within 4hrs of thyroxine and is taken twice daily. Good job I have never had difficulty in swallowing them. Add to that twice daily injections and you can see how I manage to stay 'healthy'!

Iris

Iris Report 20 Jul 2008 18:17

yep, have taken 6 , one more before bed.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2008 01:38

Mac, you are naughty lol

My o.h. was put on soluble aspirin a few months ago, has to stay on it for rest of his life and he is only 54! That's a lot of aspirins lol
He was taking it every morning but on an empty stomach and his Dad and I both told him it wasn't a good idea as can cause stomach bleeds.
Now he takes it after his evening meal, but I still have to remind him most evenings and when he is on the late shift, he has to take it when he gets home so still needs a reminder. He does remember to take his blood pressure pill in the mornings, well I think he does, I am never up that early lol
I suggested one of those boxes but he poohpoohed the idea, but I will get one as a stocking filler at Christmas then he might use it.
Lizx