General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"ASBO AND TAGS"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 22 Jul 2008 19:24

The electronic tags I have noticed dont seem to be deterrent,Ive noticed boys and girls wearing them as if they are fashion item!!
Oh well
Davex

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 22 Jul 2008 19:26

I don't think I've ever seen one.................but I can understand what you're saying.

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 22 Jul 2008 19:28

they are attached to their ankles Kitty,but they wear them as though they are ankle bracelet.
Davex

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 22 Jul 2008 19:30

They seem to be regarded as a status symbol. Some children glory in being at odds with society. Jean

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 22 Jul 2008 19:34

I'm going to have to start looking harder then.............mind you I'm lucky to be living in a fairly quiet village and word of mouth alerts us to any potential troublemakers.

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 22 Jul 2008 19:34

hit it right on nail Jean.

Dame

Dame Report 22 Jul 2008 19:38

I cant say I have ever seen one, is it like the electronic anklets they use for house arrest?

Dizzy, whos still looking...... Yes still.....

Dizzy, whos still looking...... Yes still..... Report 23 Jul 2008 00:03

My next door neighbours son has one and in my humble opinion i think it has the desired effect .... He certainly cant even come out of the front door after 7 pm and i wouldnt know he even had it if his mum hadnt of told me, he doesnt show it off, in fact hides it under his sock.. After reading this thread, i asked around a bit, as most of you know im in a busy cab office and the general concensus is that around here the electronic tagging system works, as does the general curfew system, so i guess it does depend where in the country you live xx

Alko

Alko Report 23 Jul 2008 08:32

my son has an ASBO, it only stops him going down a certain road, which doesnt really make a difference to him. I think the rest of the family were punished though, cos if he is in the car we cant drive down there because of his ASBO, yes they are a trophy for them. Dont have any experience with tgs though x

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 23 Jul 2008 08:38

thanks for that view Alkopahuntas,I mean the tags mainly,saw three girls in a pub the other day proudly showing them each other.
Dx