General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dropped my son to the park....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 23 Jul 2008 16:50

..to meet his mates for a leavers gathering, and got a £100. parking ticket......to say im peeved is putting it mildly

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jul 2008 16:51

Were you parked illegally though?

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 23 Jul 2008 16:51

OMG expensive trip to the park.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Jul 2008 16:52

£100, is that normal for a parking ticket?

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 23 Jul 2008 16:56

Oh no Julie, I bet you're fuming, was it local?

Julie

Julie Report 23 Jul 2008 16:59

Colin..i did put my hands up as i was parked up on the Kerb, i was even going to pose for the photo..it was just a shock as it was my 1st in 4 years driving lol

Heather..tell me about it

Ann..i'll get 50% off is i pay as soon as

Rosi.....it was the park round the back here..OH said he'll pay

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jul 2008 17:02

Oh Julie naughty.......I got sent a photo of my car ''allegedly'' speeding, along with a fine...I sent them a letter saying ''no thank you I already have a photo of my car'' they had a complete sense of humour failure!! Give someone a uniform and they all go power mad

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 23 Jul 2008 17:04

What a bummer Julie, I feel for you,

Caz xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Jul 2008 17:05

My sister received a speeding fine but no photo, should they normally send out a photo with the fine then?

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 23 Jul 2008 17:07

Next time make him walk LOL.

Maybe he should pay half ;-)

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 23 Jul 2008 17:07

Ann, I think they have to send a photo as 'proof' She should challenge it if there isn't a photo I think.

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jul 2008 17:08

Mine was Cornwall or perhaps Devon or Somerset - I was on a trip from west Cornwall to Staffs after my Dad had a stroke and cant quite recall which county other than it was ruddy annoying

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 23 Jul 2008 20:01

thats our lovely council for you...... which park was it?

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 23 Jul 2008 20:05

cant you pleed a mothers right to keeping her boy safe and say you were only droppin him off to ensure his safety

id try anything
flutter the eyelashes
tears
then id get mad and say
do you realise what kind of world we are liveing in where your not safe to walk, and and and
then someone you respect (ok you can fib) goes and slaps a stupid bit of paper on you
id be so mad i tell you