General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A bit of helop with sending photos please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ron2

Ron2 Report 27 Jul 2008 21:32

If you have Windows XP then you should have a program called "Paint" which you can use to 'mess about with pics including downsizing them. It's also best if when you putting pics on your PC via scanning etc that you ensure format used is jpeg.

If you want to know how to use Paint let me know - it is a simple program

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 27 Jul 2008 16:43

Sue, what operating system are you using? If you are using XP, you can download a powertoy called Image resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

ginqueen

ginqueen Report 27 Jul 2008 16:42

Hi - for large documents, I use a website called www.yousendit.com - you have to sign up but it's free and they don't send you loads of annoying e-mails afterwards. You just upload the files and then they e-mail the other person with instructions on how to download them the other end.

Good luck
Linda

Sidami

Sidami Report 27 Jul 2008 16:35

I am trying to send some photos to someone but her in box will not take large photos. As I don't know how to make them small can someone tell me if there is a way I can send them I have tried putting them in a folder but still no good they are coming back