General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Matlock Derbyshire Record Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2008 15:39

Hi Julia, I have had a lot of help and advice from another lovely lady called Stephanie from Derbyshire FH society.

Basically I need somebody who is going there to look up some Belper Workhouse administration and discharges register for me, and maybe also a birth and a marriage on the parish records both post 1837 so I could send for them from GRO but I really need to try and sort out which William Allen born Belper 1846/7 it is, and which Ellen Allen is marrying either William Gregory or Joseph Rodgers in June quarter 1850 at Belper.

Problem is the number of Allens both William and Ellen.

Thanks anyway Julia.

Ann
Glos

Julia

Julia Report 29 Jul 2008 14:53

Ann - Although I am not thinking of going, it is only about 10 miles from here, all my rellies are from further south. However, there is a lovely lady in charge there called Margaret O'Sullivan, the County Archivist She is very helpful. If I can help in any other way, please let me know
Julia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2008 14:42

I apologise for posting this on here when it is also on the records board. However, I suspect some people don't look at records very much.

If anybody is likely to visit the above record office in the near future i would be very grateful for a look up. wont detail it until I know if somebody is likely to go.

Ann
Glos