General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Antiguan shooting, husband loses fight for life

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 4 Aug 2008 13:05

LONDON (Reuters) - The bridegroom shot in Antigua while on honeymoon with his wife has died in hospital in Wales, an NHS spokesman said on Monday.

Ben Mullany, 31, died on Sunday at Morriston Hospital in Swansea after being flown home from the Caribbean early the day before.

His wife Catherine, also 31, was shot dead in the attack at their hotel on the last day of their honeymoon.

"Ben Mullany has now passed away," a hospital spokesman said. "The thoughts of all the staff who were involved in Ben's care are with his family at this very sad time."

Their joint funeral is expected be held at the same south Wales church where they were married three weeks ago, according to media reports.

The pair were shot during a suspected robbery at their holiday cottage in Antigua. Police have not charged anyone with the shootings.

British detectives are to fly out to the island after local police, who have limited resources, asked the Foreign Office for help.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 4 Aug 2008 13:11

That's very sad news.

xx

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 4 Aug 2008 13:14

Very sad,but probaly for the best.Poor familes :((

Marion

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 4 Aug 2008 13:19

Very sad.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Aug 2008 14:56

Apparently they have re-arrested the 'drifter' who befriends British people and who took them on an Island tour. They don't believe his alibi. Not that that means he is guilty but at least they are doing something.

Deanna

Deanna Report 4 Aug 2008 15:27

Every time I see their lovely wedding photograph of them cutting the cake, it upsets me.
I can feel what their parents are feeling.

Bless them all.
Deanna X

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 4 Aug 2008 20:15

2 threads now -I put one on yesterday , so so sad

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 4 Aug 2008 20:17

Brings back sad memories
feel so sorry for the families
Jenxx