General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HAVE YOU EVER FELT STUPID ????????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 4 Aug 2008 18:11

AT a party on friday evening i was talking to my son called andy anyway this guy comes up and says hi paul and andy said its andy not paul .isaid well thats got to be better than dave i said (which) is a nick name for andy from only fools & horses because he loves it so much .then andy says to me that was DAVE .i did feel really stupid but we all had a good laugh about it for ages afterwards

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 4 Aug 2008 18:31

Lol Linda............my friend has a dog called Dave....she has felt a bit daft in the past calling his name if men called Dave are about.........lol

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Aug 2008 18:41

Umm - Yes!! But usually after the event!
When I have had a 'dram' or two, I become very sociable (so I'm told). In fact there are relations of a friend of mine who, when they're in the country (they live in Hong Kong) always invite me over to their family dinners & barbeques as the 'entertainment'
Mind you, I think I'm given triple G & T's there!
LOL

Linda

Linda Report 4 Aug 2008 18:50

MAGGIE that made me giggle .mine was early evening and only had one drink