General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this what its like

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° Report 4 Aug 2008 18:33

when they have all flown the nest !!!!

its soooo quiet, daughters on holiday for the week, only went last night, lol
now years ago id have been throwing a party, with an empty house, oh how times change

most would say, make the most of it, but blinky eck, i miss them .

off to babysit for my neighbours, gotta get my little un fix somehow

be good all, have a nice night

xxLynnxx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 4 Aug 2008 18:35

*frets....I must be a terrible Mum....I love to see my son....but I love it more when he goes off again! LOL BC XX

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Aug 2008 18:37

Don't know for sure, Lynn, One left - the other came back - with boyfriend!! I think I had 6 months alone - it was lovely. No bits on the carpet - when I came back from work things were just as I lef them etc

pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Report 4 Aug 2008 18:37

Snap Buttercup Fields, ok to see children and their children, brilliant when they go home.

Silence is golden.

Cx

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 4 Aug 2008 18:39

Lol.........Lynn......that really made me giggle "little un fix "..........lol

Mine ae growing up fast....one has flown...one is 21 in a couple of days.....the "girls" are 14 and 15....of doing their thing most of the time.......thank heavens for the two Grand children , who tell you they love you just because you let them sit up the table and paint pictures.
Enjoy the little un xxx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 4 Aug 2008 18:39

Yes, PF, and order is restored:-) so Maggie, they are still with you then? lol BC X

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 Aug 2008 18:41

i should be so lucky lol xx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 4 Aug 2008 18:47

I knew a couple who sold their house and bought a ONE bedroom flat so their two children would never come and stay! I was quite horrified at that I must admit...lol...

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 4 Aug 2008 19:11

Same here Buttercup. I love my kids even more now that they have left home!

The best thing about being only 2 of us is that my hubby can't blame the kids anymore! I know that if I didn't do it, he did!!

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 4 Aug 2008 19:16

i hope you mean you 2 u got there mam n not me n my littleones haha

oh 4 more sleepppppppppppps cant wait for my eldest to fly lol not long now and hse isnt even mine she is me sisters lol

Jane

Jane Report 4 Aug 2008 19:24

They fly,and then return!!!!!!!!!! Just got used to me and OH and then bang they both end up back home.25 and 22 .One will be gone next month to try Uni again.
We seem to get through so much loo roll I said I was thinking of saving the newspapers!!!!!!!!!

JustJean

JustJean Report 4 Aug 2008 20:01

They left then one came back for a litle while, that was18 yrs ago!!! but love her really.lol

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 4 Aug 2008 20:07

Had better not tell Tiddler you are going next door she will want to come with you, have letters for Ryan all over the house with loads of kisses on them.

Found a piece of paper yesterday that said NC 4 KE and under it in her writing it said ZC 4 RA, besoted with him she is apart from Kieron who is just for Fridays.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 4 Aug 2008 20:11

I have one still at home (28 years old), one flown...but may come back as she and partner have just split leaving her to pay mortgage alone as well as give him a pay off.

Much as I love 'em, I have reached the age (58) where I don't want to be looking after other people, feeding em, doing laundry and clearing up.

Does that sound selfish?

Dee
xxx

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 4 Aug 2008 20:14

i must admit i like ths space and to know that it is all the way you left it lo!!! but i do miss them i am on my own this week .