General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adoption and birth family trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 6 Aug 2008 16:16

i have it sorted!!!!! my husband appears as if he remarried me!!! well he always says i have a split personality!!!

Sheila

Sheila Report 6 Aug 2008 15:53

Hi Dawn,

Most adoptee's on here tend to do two tree's saves any confusion.
Me. I have enough trouble with my own tree with out taking on my Birth family one as well ;O)

Good Luck!

CRIPES_A_MIGHTY

CRIPES_A_MIGHTY Report 6 Aug 2008 13:16

You could( not sure if able) make your parents a mix of both sets ( wife and husband of opposite couples) then give each a new partner ( the remaining 2 ) But there real partner..I think.
Worth a try..not sure it will work....but
That way there will be 2 couples..but in the right set...understand?
I hope

Husband 1with Wife 2 then add Husband 2 as new partner to Wife 2, then add Wife 1 to Husband 1 as new partner. That way they should be together the right way

If it works....

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Aug 2008 12:46

Hi Kitty, Arch :) ~~

With my family tree, have managed to add half-siblings, new wife/new husbands for my father and mother ... hope that makes sense. xx

Running Bear

Running Bear Report 6 Aug 2008 12:44

don't know if its posible but can you add a second wife then a second husband, just a thought.

Dawn

Dawn Report 6 Aug 2008 12:36

bugger i didnt want to have to do it that way tho as it then separates the current family from the rest

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 6 Aug 2008 12:34

I think a second tree is the only way to do it..............you can have a free account using a seperate e-mail address.

Dawn

Dawn Report 6 Aug 2008 12:32

thanks for the welcome, i have only been on here for a few days now but im making huge progress on this ancestors thing!!! but without being able to do this family line online im going to struggle i think, need to make links to get much further as i have managed to get back as far as 1833 in 5 days!!! im just waiting on the first of many certificates as proof!!!

i have sent the admin on here the question too but thought i should ask directly but i can see them wanting another subscription fee and me starting over with the birth line of family to be honest

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Aug 2008 12:29

Hi Dawn

Don't think we've spoken before hun, extends hand of friendship, hi I'm Shimmer

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs Dawn))))))))))))))))))))

Have a similar yet not same problem, sorry ... don't know the answer. Everyone is nice here, am sure someone will be able to help you; have you tried using the Tips Board hun?

Take care, good luck

xxx Shimmer xxx

Dawn

Dawn Report 6 Aug 2008 12:24

seeing as i am in this weird position of having 2 sets of parents how do i follow both lines of trees, as when i click on myself i can only put in one set of parents but dont seem to be able to start a new tree using my birth name, can someone help please asap as i have a strong link on here with someone and ned to be able to double check info