General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANOTHER BAD DAY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 6 Aug 2008 17:54

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes there just isn't any respite.

You must look after yourself whatever happens otherwise how can you help the rest of the family.

Try to find a little 'me' time somewhere in your day.

Hope things improve very soon.

Jean x.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Aug 2008 17:43

Hope things get a bit easier for you Carol, and that your Mum improves so can she have more time with her husband and family.
Try not to let the sadness of your son's marriage breakup spoil your pleasure in arranging daughter's wedding, try to let it be as it would if things were hunkydory - special time with Mums and daughters to plan the wedding, wish my daughter was around for me to have done that with her, would probably be a grandma myself now.

Time for you to take a little while for yourself, teach your son to do his own washing or at least the ironing, make him good husband material (I assume it's the GCSE one you are doing it for!) - might help the other one too if you are doing his, you must be busy with looking after your Dad so you need some help with the chores too.

Sending positive thoughts for your Mum and all your family,
Lizxx

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 6 Aug 2008 17:09

((((hugs)))) for you Carol. Not had a very good year myself so far, so know how you're feeling.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to get some "me" time too.

Thinking of you.

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 6 Aug 2008 16:11

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))
Hope things improve for you very soon
Love Mary xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 6 Aug 2008 16:10

(((hugs)))

xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Aug 2008 16:09

Not a lot I can say to that Carol except send you a big ((((((hug))))))

Ann
Glos

tinkers

tinkers Report 6 Aug 2008 16:07

(((((( hugs))))))))

Deanna

Deanna Report 6 Aug 2008 16:07

Carol, one thing after the other.

Hope all your problems look a little smaller tomorrow, and each day after that.

Deanna X

Carol

Carol Report 6 Aug 2008 15:51

Son number one married, has a child, splits from wife, my husband and I heart broke. Daughter planning her wedding, but we are trying to do our best for her but with son marriage ending very very hard.Son number two. awaiting GCSE results. Hope he does well!
Mother had bad heart attack she is 80 years old. we are now living at hospital. Dad 85 years old trying to care for him. They live for each other. Husband severe kidney problems. I have to keep going but I would just love a break from all my problems... but hey ho tomorrow another day. going hospital now visiting after seeing to my father, and doing sons washing and ironing..........