General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRIDGE/FREEZER.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 25 Oct 2008 23:58

IS THERE A FREEZER ENGINEER OUT THERE, OR A VRY HANDY MAN WHO CAN HELP?
THE FRIDGE COMPARTMENT STARTED SMELLING STUFFY, AND I HAVE WASHED IT OUT WITH BICARB OF SODA, AND STRIPPED IT ALL OUT THREE TIMES TO NO AVAIL. i AM GOING TO DEFROST THE FREEZER TOMORROW, AS I HAVE ICE AT THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE. IS SOMETHING BLOCKED?

CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY A NEW FREEZER, SO PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP.

VICKY XX

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 26 Oct 2008 00:06

Not got one Angie but will strip in down in the morning.

Going off to bed now to get advangate of an xtra hour in bed lolol

Bet I'll still get up early. Can't complain, I lay til 12.15 today.

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 26 Oct 2008 01:01

Yead.Won't be on til I get everything done that needs doing. Ironing not been done for about 2weeks, and doing the freezer will take me hours.

Hope you get a sleep Liz.

Take Care and Enjoy Life

Vicky xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Oct 2008 01:43

Hi VIcky, hope you can sort the fridge out, always something to keep you off the computer eh?

Take care, talk again soon,
Lizxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Oct 2008 02:18

Ironing, wot's that? I hang everything on hangers when it comes off the line, or out of machine and hung in doorways of rooms to finish drying if raining outside. Most times hardly a wrinkle in sight unless I look in the mirror lol

Lizxx

YorkshireCaz

YorkshireCaz Report 26 Oct 2008 07:03

Hi Vicky, my fridge is self defrosting so has a little hole in the back at the bottom where defrosted water is channeled and goes to get recycled. It sometimes get gunge in it so I screw a piece of kitchen roll into a point and clean it out. It may be all that's needed but knowing your luck it won't be that.

Caz xx

Taff

Taff Report 26 Oct 2008 08:10

Morning Vicky,
Quick tip for defrosting freezer:- Use a hairdryer!
XXX

jean,300171

jean,300171 Report 26 Oct 2008 14:26

the drain in the bottom of some fridges empties onto a tray, on top of the compressor,
where it dries out due to the heat of the motor......
THAT hole can harbour gunge n stuff!!!
Bob

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Oct 2008 02:02

Did you sort it out Vicky?

Lizxxx

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 27 Oct 2008 14:31

DEFROSTED FREEZER, BUT THE SMELL IS STILL THERE. TRY TO GET MY DAUGHTER TO HELP ME WITH IT.