General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

To GR , what am I paying for ???????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lin in Sussex

Lin in Sussex Report 26 Oct 2008 03:43

It is becoming more and more frustrating..!

Every time I try to ' Search Trees ' I get this message.

Site Error
Your request can not be processed at the moment.
Please try again later

I get a ' Match Notice' try to look at it and get.

Site Error
Your request can not be processed at the moment.
Please try again later

This has been going on for over a month...........!!!!
So in reality all I can do on GR is look at the ' Community Pages'

WOULD SOMEONE AT GR PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS !
I have been in touch with them but have had no satisfactory replies.

Lin.

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 26 Oct 2008 09:00

Nudging for Lin

Susan9363343

Susan9363343 Report 26 Oct 2008 09:13

Good Morning Lin,

Nice to see you again :-).

Re: searching trees....I haven't had a problem and just tried again....comes up right away....maybe it is just certain times of the day.

Susan
x

Edit.....am having trouble opening threads though....is taking ages and also if I submit a post :-(

Taff

Taff Report 26 Oct 2008 09:18

~~~~ like mad, to Lin
xxxxxxx

tinkers

tinkers Report 26 Oct 2008 09:52

im also getting this message very frustrating

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 26 Oct 2008 09:57

I've just checked and mine is working fine.

Lin in Sussex

Lin in Sussex Report 27 Oct 2008 08:55

Still getting same prob.

Think I shall have to report myself to GR to get them to notice !!!!

Lin x

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Oct 2008 09:19

I must admit I have seen this message with other sites, but not recently on GR. Are we sure it is GR generated not just a standard internet timeout message?

The GR site can be a little pernickerty if you have insufficient space on your hard disc to load the page. Your operating system is supposed to free up space automatically but it doesn't always work.

I find that clearing out your browser cache daily (i.e. your internet temp files) can help. Often this was the first thing that IT support did at work when someone had access problems.

Your internet connection can also be a factor. Who is the ISP and what speed is it running at? Perhaps if there is common thread across those who are having problem, then it might be easier to suggest a solution.

LindaRSJ

LindaRSJ Report 27 Oct 2008 09:36

OK let's start the survey then. I am on Orange broadband 2.2mbps. I have Windows XP and loads of hard disc space.

I can get straight in to My Tree Matches.
Linda

Paul Norfolk Dumpling

Paul Norfolk Dumpling Report 27 Oct 2008 10:18

I remember ages ago, I asked the same question, and some people lynched me! lol

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 27 Oct 2008 10:32

I've got an intermittent problem on search trees where I get a full screen yellow error message. This has nothing to do with disc space; my new computer is new.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Oct 2008 10:46

It is not the amount of free disk space which is the issue, but rather the amount of space which is allocated by the operating system to load web pages. Not the same thing.

This cache as it is called is actually quite small and if you don't clear it on a regular basis you can experience problems when loading pages.

To do this go to Tools, Internet Options and select the General Tab, then click on the clear button in the middle of the page.

I can't say for sure if this will cure the problem but it is one of the first things you need to do when experiencing difficulties loading pages.

Budgie, can you remember what you did on your pc to fix things?

LyndainSpain

LyndainSpain Report 27 Oct 2008 11:34

I have 2 computers available and all was well until today, I do think it is a coincidence to happen on both computers, and i do not have any trouble on any other sites except this one only this morning.

Lynda