General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Hotspur? new chapter for Spurs?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 08:54

well, as I went to bed last night I heard the news that Juande Ramos had been sacked - along with Gus Poyet and Daniel Comolli (at last!) ... now I've got up to the news that Harry Redknapp is our new manager. Can't believe that Spurs got their act together so quickly for once!

Well, I think that if anyone can save us it's Harry! He's apparently giving the team talk today - think that may be a shock to the system for some of the players pmsl. I hope he's picking the team too. Will be very interesting to see how they respond to his no-nonsense attitude and (I should imagine) passionate team talks and back-to-basics training sessions.

Will also be very interested to see what happens in the January transfer window without a flippin committee deciding on which players to move in and out.

So, Spurs fans, what do you think?? surely it can't get any WORSE under Harry?! oh and thank you Pompey for letting him go!!

Maz. XX

Joy

Joy Report 26 Oct 2008 09:16

Last one before retirement, perhaps. Good luck, 'arry, and Spurs. Further to travel from Sandbanks though.

Who'll look after Pompey now?

* goes to look at photos of Pompeii again

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 09:19

lol Lynda, you know you love us really, you know you wanna convert to the blue side of north london pmsl

off to retune radio

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 26 Oct 2008 09:44

Well im not much for football myself but im very happy with the news because my OH and several friends of mine will now hopefully be happy instead of the constant cloud they have had over them recently due to Spurs results lol

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 10:00

lol Jax, the only way is up !!! you should have a much happier household soon
Maz. XX

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 26 Oct 2008 10:15

The Only Way Is Up
We've been broken down
To the lowest turn
And been on the bottom line
Sure ain't no fun

The only way is up, baby
For you and me now, baby
The only way is up

'Arry, 'Arry, 'Arry.

'Arry Redknapps Blue and White Army.

Yidooo, Yidoooo, Yidooo.

Cor blimey am I desperate or what lolol.

Jean x.

Oddball2

Oddball2 Report 26 Oct 2008 10:15

Spurs will do well in the Championship

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 26 Oct 2008 10:47

well seeing as Portsmouth was the other team that apparently David Beckham was deciding on as a on loan team do you reckon he will follow Harry and do a spell at Spurs??? And will Defoe come back .

So glad we have an english manager again.

Oddball I did say yesterday if they did go down at least I would be able to go and see them when they played Coventry would of had to sit on my hands as would be in Covs stands ut at least I would get to see my first team at last.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 26 Oct 2008 10:49

lets hope he does for Spurs what he did for Soton

Karen x

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Oct 2008 11:45

mmmm? when asked to come to the Toon,he said he wouldn't leave his beloved Portsmouth!...wonder why he changed his mind?

Hope you had a good London meet yesterday

Mau x

*thread caught my eye........thought it was about 'our Percy' ;O)

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 26 Oct 2008 11:51

Living in the area, and watching Meridian TV,

I am just waiting to see what News Presenter - Fred Dinage ( a Portsmouth Director and Supporter) will say to Meridian Sports Presenter - Paul Belverstone,
(a Tottenham Supporter).

Cant wait.

Me - live in Southampton, but support West Ham.

Mo

Peter

Peter Report 26 Oct 2008 11:57

As a West Ham fan I love 'Arry. I would luv Spurs to be relegated but I'm sure 'Arry will do the business.

Went to Waterstones in Chelmsford in 1998. Harry was signing his autobiography. What a diamond geezer! Booked for about an hour. He spent over three hours chatting and signing. A true FOOTBALL man, through and through.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 12:01

Mau, he wanted to come to a big club ;-)))

* ducks *

Oddball - we'll never know tho will we?!

Dawnie, I think Harry may well bring Jermain Defoe back in January as Pompey are apparently quite strapped for cash.

ooh Karen I hope so. we need to hang onto him tho and get some stability.

Mo that sounds like an interesting interview lol

Jean, can you sing a bit quieter please, I can hear you from here!

YID ARMY, YID ARMY, COYS !!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 12:02

Stacky, my sis is a jellied eel too and she LOVES Harry, she's not going to be best pleased that we've got him now!!
Maz. XX

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 26 Oct 2008 12:06

Have a book entitled 'My East End' by Gilda O'Neil

One of the photos showing a family outing has Harry Redknapp's grandmother Maggie Cooper. also Mrs Cooper's brother Gerry Browne, who was Harry Redknapp's grandfather.

I suppose relatives married

Getting away from the Redknapp connection. This is a wonderful book to read for any East Enders.

Mo

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 12:07

oh yes Mo, I'd forgotten about that! I've got it too and read it quite recently. I remember seeing the pic now. they're obviously a true east end family :-)
xxxxxxxxx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 12:08

shaddup you gooner!!!

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Oct 2008 12:17

*Lobs stotty cyeck at Maz's heed lol.......

Anyway hope Harry will be happy out of his comfort zone.

Heard the radio 5 interview and just hope he can buy players of his choice, mebbe our Mike Ashley put him off there then?

jellied eels? YUK!

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 26 Oct 2008 12:21

Jellied eels, Lovely stuff for your Darby Kell.

Mo

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Oct 2008 12:23

sorry Mau pmsl

as far as I know, his main condition for accepting the post was that he would have total control over the team including transfers. this has been a big problem at spurs with Comolli having the final decision and the manager being stuck with players he didn't want to buy in the first place.

yep, I don't even like looking at jellied eels (real ones lol not WHU fans!), could never ever get one near my mouth - bleugh !!!

xxxxxxxx