General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WII FIT - GOOD OR BAD FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 26 Oct 2008 18:42

Have just been bought a Wii for my birthday last week, played it four times and have ended up with bad back. Cant make my mind up whether it is the baseball/tennis/bowling I got enthusiastic about, going from a fitness age of 77 to 50, or the fact that I have had more than usual heavy calls at work last week.

Someone told OH that the Wii Fit eases off back pain and is a good thing, as I have osteoarthritis, but now I am not so sure. Is it very energetic, are there levels, can you work at your own speed, is it worth me investing in one (that is assuming I can get hold of one, very difficult at the moment).

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Marilyn

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 26 Oct 2008 23:13

Nudge as I'm sure there are plenty of people on here with Wii fits.

Joanne in Burgess Hill™

Joanne in Burgess Hill™ Report 26 Oct 2008 23:23

I have a constant back pain and tilted pelvis from my job. Last year I spent £400 at the chiropractor with no real improvement.
I bought a Wii fit just for fun and within a week my pain had greatly reduced, and I was able to sleep on my back............something I hadn't been able to do for years. Even my lop-sided waist has started to even up.
The exercises that have helped are the hula-hoop and the full yoga programme every day.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 27 Oct 2008 16:51

Nudged for any more advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joanne for your advice, sounds good to me.

Marilyn