General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This years Poppies are not very good!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 28 Oct 2008 15:15

I was up at the hospital the other day with my hubby and as I went up to the counter to register we were in for appointment and I noticed they had Poppies.
I took out two five pound notes out my purse and put the money in the collection box and took two Poppies, one for me and hubby. I then went to put them on our jackets and found they don't have pins in them this year. Not much we could do as we didn't have a buttonhole on our jackets.

Betty

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Oct 2008 15:17

Probably " Elf and Safety" at it again.**M**.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Oct 2008 15:45

There were pins where I got mine same as usual.

ann
Glos

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 28 Oct 2008 15:51

Hi Merlin I thought that was so funny!!

Ann in glos ours just had a green plastic bit under the poppy, you could if you had a buttonhole put the green biyt in your buttonhole but if you didn't have a buttonhole you would have needed to put a pin in the back to put it on your jacket.

Betty

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 28 Oct 2008 15:54

We are always asked if we want a pin, and they have them on a sheet.

Mo

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 28 Oct 2008 16:02

Got mine this morning and the lady said we have to ask now if you wnat a pin

Margaret

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 28 Oct 2008 16:10

Hi Mo and Margaret,

Well at the hospital when I got our Poppies I did say to the lady at the desk how are you ment to put these on your jacket if you don't have a buttonhole she just said I don't know!!
So no pins there anyway.
Betty

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 28 Oct 2008 16:15

haven't even seen any for sale yet :-((