General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I Quite Liked This

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin from Hampshire

Colin from Hampshire Report 29 Oct 2008 11:46

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute, look at it and really see it , live it and never give it back.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 29 Oct 2008 12:02

Its really nice Colin, if only we could live our lives over again!! so many things we would have done/not done or changed but again if only!!

Betty

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 29 Oct 2008 12:02

I wish I had listened more to my grandparents too:))

xx

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 29 Oct 2008 12:42

That lovely Colin,,,and so true too,
I also wish I had listen more to my elders,

JustJean

JustJean Report 29 Oct 2008 13:19

Really liked this,Colin, thanks for sharing it....

Jean x

LadyBarbara

LadyBarbara Report 29 Oct 2008 14:01

Lovely Colin

I would have loved to go to university and become a forensic scientist, honestly x

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 29 Oct 2008 14:24

I would have loved more children -only had 1

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Oct 2008 21:26

Ros, me too, would have loved a brood but things didn't work out that way for me either!

Waiting for a brood of grandkids but it's a long wait...

Lizxx

those words are so true, I am awful for keeping things 'for when' - I have some lovely things in boxes for when my house is habitable, lovely things for best that I never wore much and now can't get into, shall I go on?

x

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 29 Oct 2008 21:31

Thankyou Colin,

Hello and love to all,

Caz xxx