General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UPDATE!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nannie

nannie Report 29 Oct 2008 15:54

some of you are aware that my grandson had to report to the police
station this morning for being in the wrong place at the wrong time
when one of his friends pushed another friend.

well!!! my grandson was arrested, given his rights, finger printed, and his photo taken along with his DNA.
after being there for 1,1/2 hours interviewed on tape it was decided
that he wasn't involved in the pushing and no futher action would be taken. thats fine but my poor grandson was a total wreck this morning and it will take awhile for him to get over this.

the boy who did the push has be charged with assult for a push he was arrested yesterday and admitted that he did the pushing.
so why did they bring my grandson and his other friend in to arrest them knowing it was nothing to do with them,talk about wasting public tax payers money.

thanks to all for your advise and comments!!

nannie

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 29 Oct 2008 16:01

Make sure the fingerprints and dna are destroyed

nannie

nannie Report 29 Oct 2008 16:06

i don't think my daughter asked if they would do this
she was so upset when she was there do you think she should phone them and request that they do this
i didn't know you could.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Oct 2008 16:08

they need it to top up their database........

Bob

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 29 Oct 2008 16:09

What a horrible experience for your grandson, his parents and you nannie. Poor kid, of course he was scared. Great that everything is sorted.

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 29 Oct 2008 16:11

Nannie........I'm pleased to hear that all the fuss is now over for your Grandson.....I hope he isn't to upset by it all.
The reason he would have been roped in , even though the police already had a statement from the lad who did do the pushing, is because the police are hell bent on building up there data bank of DNA profiles...........I told you before they had taken my daughters DNA ( they will NOT destroy it even though there is no charge ).

nannie

nannie Report 29 Oct 2008 16:16

i didn't think they did destroyed them amanda, so thats what bob meant when he said they have to top up data. will my grandson now have a record?

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 29 Oct 2008 16:18

No Nannie......he won't have a record....he didn't do anything wrong.

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 29 Oct 2008 16:21

I'm sorry it looks like you can't make them destroy..

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/news-and-events/1-press-releases/2006/dna-of-innocent-juveniles-kept.shtml

nannie

nannie Report 29 Oct 2008 16:29

oh i am so glad about that it would be aweful if he was refused employment when he is older amanda
because of all this.

thanks for the link mrs blue eyes

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Oct 2008 17:41

its a government aim to have EVERY one on its DNA database!!

so, by fair means or foul........

Bob

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 29 Oct 2008 18:09

I can't wait for the powers that be to lose the disc with all that sort of information on : )

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 29 Oct 2008 18:35

Crime figures Nannie,

I hope the lad is ok,

Caz xxx

nannie

nannie Report 29 Oct 2008 19:53

thankyou to everyone for your kind messages regarding my grandson, we hope my grandson can get back to normal soon at the moment he is still a little upset but i am sure he will be fine.

nannie

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Oct 2008 10:19

He will remember that awful experience if he is ever tempted in the future.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Oct 2008 10:33

see my thread....today,....DNA....to the rescue of unsolved crimes

Bob

Janice

Janice Report 30 Oct 2008 10:53

I was just thinking that too, Bob. It's a positive thing that having his DNA profile on a database will mean he can easily be eliminated from future investigations.

Libby

Libby Report 30 Oct 2008 10:56

I live in North Wales. It has been reported in our local press that the police hold DNA records for 1 in 11 people in Wales.

Are we that unlawful?

I am one of the ten.

Janice

Janice Report 30 Oct 2008 11:00

You don't have to be unlawful!! Sometimes, when there has been a rape/murder in an area, the police ask if all local men would volunteer their DNA to eliminate them from enquiries. The database doesn't just have profiles for criminals.

SallyF

SallyF Report 30 Oct 2008 11:02

What they probably don't make clear is that the DNA is probably then kept forever.