General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hi llooking for members like me who read but dont

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joyceyh

joyceyh Report 30 Oct 2008 00:23

i know there are lots of members yes lots who are members of genes but just read the boards
please come say hi
joyce
xxx

Libby

Libby Report 30 Oct 2008 00:53

Hi Joyce

Add sometimes. Mostly read though. Enjoy "flicking" through the boards inbetween research.

Libby

joyceyh

joyceyh Report 30 Oct 2008 00:53

please come say hello !!!!

out of all the thousands of members theres only a few members keeping this board alive !

Libby

Libby Report 30 Oct 2008 01:03

OK here goes.

Am 55, married to Tony for 16 years, my second time around. Two sons, in their twenties, now flown the nest,
gorgeous (sometimes) 14 year old daughter with OH

Work in an "offy" part time (supposed to be).

Love animals, have a cat and two degus. Recently had to have our lovely 13 year old Staffy, Bella, put to sleep - house still seems kind of quiet without her.

Brought up in Merseyside but now live in North Wales. Joined GR about 2003/4 I think.

xx

joyceyh

joyceyh Report 30 Oct 2008 01:11

hi libby !!
i live in liverpool pleased to meet you

joyce xxxxx

Libby

Libby Report 30 Oct 2008 01:21

Born and bred in Litherland. Moved to Bootle when I married first husband, then to Formby.

Moved to Conwy in 1995, back to Formby in 2002 and now I am back in Wales, daughter feels like she is Welsh. She never settled back in Formby and now feels she is back home, plus her "welsh" has come back to her.

Miss the shops in "town", plus the humour but love the pace of life here. Live right by the sea and the scenery is breathtaking.

Libby

Oops. Sorry, nice to meet you Joyce. xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Oct 2008 04:19

Hi Joyce, now I find you lol, just as I am off to bed!

Hope you are ok, love,

Lizxxx

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 30 Oct 2008 07:51

Morning Libby & mazie,~~~~

nice to meet you both.

Julia in Germany

Julia in Germany Report 30 Oct 2008 09:15

I read the boards but post rarely,
I'm shy!

I'm 47, married with 3 kids, my husband is German and I've been here for 27 years, still get homesick!

Sheila

Sheila Report 30 Oct 2008 09:26

Hi Julie

Think I saw you on another thread about missing food from home the other day :O)
Also live in Germany tho, Husband is English though, been here 17 years ....... great to be able to access a site like this isn't it ? :O)

LadyBarbara

LadyBarbara Report 30 Oct 2008 09:30

Hello everyone just popped on to greet new and old friends, nice to meet you.
I lived in Munchengladbach when my hubby was in the RAF for three years, love Bavaria it's such a lovely place.
Barbara x

Julia in Germany

Julia in Germany Report 30 Oct 2008 09:50

Sheila - yes, the site is great - where, in Germany, are you? We live just outside Berlin, we lived in the city 'til the wall came down and then escaped to the country!

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 30 Oct 2008 09:53

Morning everyone

Hi I'm Shimmer, wishing you all such a good day xxx

Julia in Germany

Julia in Germany Report 30 Oct 2008 09:55

Hope you have a lovely day too.

Sheila

Sheila Report 30 Oct 2008 09:58

Hi Again

We live in Ingolstadt about 45 minutes from Munich, yes Bavaria is beautiful Barbara :O)
What is Berlin like Julia ? Morning Shimmer, heard anything from Kerry yet ?

Julia in Germany

Julia in Germany Report 30 Oct 2008 10:06

Berlin is a brilliant city, well worth a visit. Munich is lovely too, haven't been there for years.

Julia in Germany

Julia in Germany Report 30 Oct 2008 10:11

Hi Barbara, how long have you been in the land of sausages and sauerkraut?

Edit - sorry just read your post properly - you've escaped I see!

Sheila

Sheila Report 30 Oct 2008 10:17

Feeling quite at home here now, got 2 people who have lived in Germany and just looked back on the thread and got Libby and Joyce fellow Scousers on here too :O)
Libby born in Bootle lived there till I was 21, remember when the Strand first opened and thought it was the bees nees back then ;O)

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 30 Oct 2008 10:30

Oh bless Sheila,

Spoke to Kerry last night, the latest news was that his first operation had gone well, if he continued making good progress she'd be allowed to visit for a while today. Did hear this morning very early, she was saying how everyone's messages of comfort were keeping her going. xxxxxxxxxx

Libby

Libby Report 30 Oct 2008 10:47

Morning all

My only full day off this week and I am going to enjoy doing absolutely nowt.... after hoovering and doing the washing anyway.

I too remember The Strand being built. My Nan used to make us all walk to Strand Road every Saturday to do the weekly shop because it was cheaper than Linacre Road shops. When the Strand opened it was like another world, the first shopping precenct I had ever seen.

Never felt the same though after Jamie Bulger was abducted there though.

Libby