General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deal or no deal--

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 30 Oct 2008 11:53

do you think people on there are greedy ? Last night man no dealed £38, 000 and went home with £750. It must be hard when 1/4 milloin still on boards. He seemed such a nice man and probably someone on here knows him !!!! Ros xx

SallyF

SallyF Report 30 Oct 2008 11:58

I think unless you have the 100,000 and 250,000 on the boards then anything in the tens of thousands need very serious consideration. £38k in my book is a lot, and to me it seems a bit greedy holding out for more. Obviously didn't pay off.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Oct 2008 11:58

Not really, if they came with nothing, why not gamble for more, after all, its the object of the game

Mind you, If OH went on it, he says he would gamble on the princible, I came with nothing etc.

I said thats ok, but if you lost the blooming lot & come home with 1p then youre a dead man :o)))

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 30 Oct 2008 12:01

We all shout "DEAL" but it must be very hard to decide , depends what you need I suppose, the guy last night wanted his wife to take longer mat leave, but not on £750

SallyF

SallyF Report 30 Oct 2008 12:03

In that case Ros he should have dealt imho. £38k could be 2 years salary for a lot of people.

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 30 Oct 2008 15:20

probably was a good chunk of a year or 2 for his wife unless she had a very well paid job, Ros xx