General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How long do you sleep for ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 31 Oct 2008 23:37

I wake up after exactly 7 hours -it`s weird, Ros xx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 31 Oct 2008 23:39

depends how long baby satan sleeps for lol

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 31 Oct 2008 23:40

God apart from my pees it depends
Dx

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 31 Oct 2008 23:44

define sleep?

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 31 Oct 2008 23:49

in bed eyes shut --LOL

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 31 Oct 2008 23:56

About 8 hours but it does rather depend on whether the cat decides to tap my face with her paw in the middle of the night!

Fortunately she doesn't do that often. She usually sleeps all night on my feet.

Sue

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 31 Oct 2008 23:58

Ah well in bed eyes shut... I've been known to get in about 13 hours LOL. Actual quality refreshing sleep? Don't get any of that. The life of an insomniac.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Nov 2008 00:03

I usually only need 6 1/2 hours. I then get up, make myself a cup of tea and 'doze' for another hour. If I go to bed early, I find myself waking up at 4am - far too early for a 'cuppa'!!
At the weekend I'll do the same - make a cup of tea etc, but for a 'lie in', I'll go back down and make a second cuppa!!!

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Nov 2008 00:23

I get up most mornings between 5/5.30am seven days a week for work as a carer. Sometimes I need a carer for moi!

Usually I try to get about 7hrs sleep per night. Any more than 8rs in my pit and I am irritable for the rest of the day.

Still wake up even when not working at some ungodly hour even after a batch of home made Baileys!

My husband on the other hand could sleep for England. At the weekend he could sleep for about 12hrs.

Personally I think that is not normal but then again he is a Fulham supporter so we have to give him some leaway!

Aileen xxx

and now I am off to bed.... farewell and may your God go with you.

Night everyone.

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 1 Nov 2008 00:48

speaking of sleep, I'm away to attempt just that. If only I didn't feel like I'd been hit by a bus when I wake up.

sweet dreams all.

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2008 00:49

I wish I was a hedgehog or a tortoise so I could sleep for the winter. I hate winter.

I used to sleep as long as I was left........until 12.00 or 1.00 but as I have got older I can't sleep any longer than 7 or 8 in the morning at the latest. OH is up every morning at 6.30...........very annoying.

Well I am going to bed now and I don't intend to get up until lunch time tomorrow.........Don't know how long I'll sleep for though.........OH will be up as usual at 6.30....aaarrrgghhh

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 1 Nov 2008 01:14

Without sleeping tablet maybe 2hrs, with tab maybe4hrs undisturbed sleep if I'm lucky.

When the woman in my family reach the age of 30 that's when the sleeplessness begins.

Now I take a lot of medication at night, and some nights I don't sleep at all, cos I'm too busy drinking to quench the thirst due to said medication, and getting up to the loo, so when it comes to getting up, I very often lie til lunch time or early afternoon.

I can't win lol

Libby

Libby Report 1 Nov 2008 01:48

Usual proper sleep about 5 hours. Lay in - about 7 hours, after I've woken after five hours sleep and "gone off " again..

Sometimes I wish I was 16 again and could sleep over 12 hours.

Active mind or guilty concience?.... don't know !!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Nov 2008 05:27

I am the same as Liz, SS, it's the fibromyalgia - you never get good quality sleep with that illness, no matter how long you lie in!
Don't remember when I last woke up feeling refreshed and good to be alive feeling! It gets you down, especially when people say you are lazy.
My dreams are very complicated and often make me feel drained when I wake up, and I know I cry in my sleep cos the pillow is wet, and yes I know it could be dribble lol but too high up!

Rotten tho, eh Liz?
Lizx

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 1 Nov 2008 11:36

spoke too soon -woke at 7 this am after 6 hours sleep , so got up , boil eggs for lunch , made tuna pasta for dinner , went a walk , on here now , then will get shower , relaxing with aromatherapy this afternoon , Ros xx

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 1 Nov 2008 12:18

I generally sleep for about 8 hours, providing cat does not come and scratch my side of bed, then I decided to get up for a pee.
Do keep Iams by the side of the bed, as dont want to have to get up and fed him, like I did when he was a kitten.
We have a teasmaid, so when this goes off at 7.30am, I generally hop out of bed, pour OH and me a cuppa, and then back to bed. for about half and hour until just before 8am.

After working and getting up at 6am every weekday morning, I just enjoy this little lay in.

Mo

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 1 Nov 2008 14:05

Hi Ros,

I like to be in bed for 9 hours if i can, but my sleep quality is poor. I sleep well for about 4 hours then I have a lot of nightmres.

Oh to sleep for hours peacefull!!

Caz xx

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 1 Nov 2008 15:23

It really is rotten, Liz.

Dad has his own problems with waking up feeling like he's run a marathon. When he was in hospital he started joking "Last night I won wimbledon in a five set match against Andy Murray" etc. Had us laughing, but I know how he feels.

Last time I had refreshing sleep... I actually wonder if I ever have to be honest.

jgee

jgee Report 1 Nov 2008 15:34

2/3 me lye there but up at 4 am like liz says its the fm
feel like ive been kick all over drops off at poota for 10 minutes ........

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 1 Nov 2008 16:44

I sleep in 3 hour slots when I have to get up to go to the loo - very annoying, especially as loo is downstairs! I have had a good night if I manage to hold on for 4 hours. Never really feel refreshed - wouldn't mind a catheter (sp) attached to allow me to relax and sleep for more hours! LOL

Tina xx