General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Garden flowers.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Nov 2008 09:52

There are so many summer flowers still out around here. Although the weather has been dismal some days, there's plenty of brightness in the gardens.
Some flowers don't seem to know what season it is. Earlier I walked home from the newsagent and saw a lovely bed of snowdrops in bloom.

Any flowers out near you?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Nov 2008 10:00

geraniums, fuchsias and roses in my garden

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 14 Nov 2008 10:33

sweet peas & Narcisuss in the same tub, anemone and roses, carnations (3 different types of) chrysanthamum and dahlia.

That's in a garden that is not cared for properly.
Amazing..

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 14 Nov 2008 13:14

Hi Gwyn

I've still got fuschias in flower - also clematis, penstonems and primroses and dianthus all still going strong ..............

:O))

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Nov 2008 04:12

My viburnum has been flowering for weeks, and I picked my last sweet pea a few days ago, unless another one has appeared and I haven't noticed, don't like to pull them out of the tub yet.

Lizx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Dec 2008 11:35

Still loads of flowers around.The snowdrops are really lovely now.

Earlier I was out walking locally and saw many sorts including antirrhinum, marigolds, hydrangea, geranium, love-in-the-mist,blue cornflowers and many more with names I'm not sure about.

How much longer will they last, I wonder.

Gwyn

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 6 Dec 2008 12:14

I still have a Foxglove hanging on in my garden and one beautiful red rose : )

Amanda

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 7 Dec 2008 14:18

I have a few roses still coming into bloom, I have tried telling them they should be in bed sleeping until spring! lol

We have plants in patio pots - dont know what they are called by still flowering, might be geraniums lol

Tina x

Edit - its not geraniums but cyclamens! LOL

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Dec 2008 17:18

There is a forsythia starting to bloom near here.

Gwyn

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 7 Dec 2008 17:24

The honeysuckle is still in flower.