General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Quest Continues

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darklord

Darklord Report 20 Nov 2008 20:20

Nightfall was upon the forest once more and the Darklord stood in the shadows watching the fire in the centre of the clearing. Insects danced around the flames in a eternal battle of life and death.
With nobody in view the Darklord led Wrathchild into the centre.
"Some one has been here my friend", he whispered to the warhorse.As if to agree with his master Wrathchild let out a slow breath.
"You should not of come unarmed", the voice shouted through the silence.Turning tosee where the voice had come from the Darrklord caught a shadow in the corner of his eye. In a single motion the Darkone turnrd on his heel and with a deft throw from his left hand let slip to silver flashes of light. The first dagger caught the attacker in the left thigh slowing him. The second one in the right brought him to his knees. Then came a third which took the attacker in the throat, falling face down in the leaves he gurgled and then was still. The second one appeared from behind Wrathchild,with a wave of his hand from his master the warhorse caught the man neatly in the knee with his hind leg. Bone shattering startled the birds in the trees and the mans screams echoed around the clearing. The second kick lifted the attacker clear off the ground and slammed him into an adjeacant tree. Sliding down and stumbling forward he took two paces he fell to the ground motionless.
"You are as good as they say", came the womans voice. Through the gloom of the forest she appeared clad in red robes and with hair as yellow as the sun itself.
"Indeed better than they say".reaching behind his back the darklord was cut off in his movement by her words"you will not need your weapons for I am the Clairvoyant".

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 20 Nov 2008 20:30

Darklord, take care my friend. Am rivetted by your writings. xxx

Darklord

Darklord Report 20 Nov 2008 21:16

Walking towards she paused to look into the fire, r golden hair turned a brilliant amber as the flames reflection danced on her .
"You seek the Journeryman" she said.
"I do" replied the Darklord
"Search for the Sign of the Cross", pointing towards a mountain range far in the distance.
"There you will find the Blood Brothers", moving around the fire closer to the Darklord, she again stopped.
"Twelve souls to lead the way to the Lord of the Light". She moved closer to the Dark one.Watching come the the Darklord replied.
"To what ends do these Blood Brothers provide me".
"Safe passage".
"To where?".
"The place where Revelations exist", she replied.
The crackling of the fire moved the Darklord attention from the woman now standing close by.
"Revelations?", the Darklord asked.
"Indeed yes, the place where all that is deemed to be real is in fact a lie".She reached into her robe clutching something in her hand she slowly moved behind the Darklord.
"What is this place called?", the darklord asked.
"Futureal", lunging at the Darklord she missed catching him off balance enough to knock the Darklord to the floor.Rolling away from her the darklord got to his knees only in time to recieve a blow to the chest with a well aimed foot. reeling over and landing hard against a tree the Darklord senses became clouded. She attacked again, moving his head the darklord rolled out from the trunk of the tree and regined his feet.Screaming now she lept towards him, the thunder of hooves broke her momenteun as Wrathchild Leapt through the flames of the fire, his black body colliding with her and knocking her to the ground. In a graceful arc he return to protect his master, she rolled away from the advancing warhorse, hooves threw up the leaves as Wrathchild powered in for a second time, Trampling her with a fore leg she cried out in pain. the Darklord moved over to the Still life in front of him. Rolling her the blond hair now matted with blood and earth fell across her eyes. Brushing it aside she muttered low and shallow,"The only thing I could not see was my own demise", the smile on her lips faded and she was no more.
The Darklord rode from the clearing towards Futreal, passing into the night of the forest. A last look behind then he was gone

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 20 Nov 2008 21:21

Darklord ... take care my friend, it seems no-one (apart from the Lady Shimmer) is trustworth to date. (in your tale)

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 20 Nov 2008 21:27

powerful stuff

igor

igor Report 20 Nov 2008 22:25

Is that Wrathchild or Rothschild keep on keeping on