General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Somebody on the news

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Uggers

Uggers Report 20 Nov 2008 22:10

just said that, as the price of petrol has gone down, people will be buying more. How stupid is that?

igor

igor Report 20 Nov 2008 22:12

that,s human nature for you. lemmings is the phrae i think, i lead you follow we all sink

Uggers

Uggers Report 20 Nov 2008 22:15

Well I don't get it - is someone going to think ooh petrol's cheaper, shall we drive to Edinburgh this weekend?

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 20 Nov 2008 22:18

perhaps they will buy an extra tank and strap it to the roof of their car so they can buy twice as much ...

Uggers

Uggers Report 20 Nov 2008 22:20

lol Mazzy it wouldn't surprise you would it:))

igor

igor Report 20 Nov 2008 22:22

Nor me, bt i walk to work.
Mrs igor walks to work, i pinch shopping trolleys and push them home, no petrol involved there.
in fact i use the car very rarely except in emergencies.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Nov 2008 22:23

I've seen people filling up containers. Our petrol is selling for around 55p a litre. And they're saying it should be lower.
S

Maria

Maria Report 20 Nov 2008 22:23

I understand completely what you mean,

but the other side possibly is that people who may haver been really cutting down on journeys when the price was so high, might now resume their previous higher mileage.

But that's a bit boring so instead I'll say CRUMPETS

Maria x

Uggers

Uggers Report 20 Nov 2008 22:24

Igor, I haven't been for a ride in a trolley in years. It costs a quid or two to get one now doesn't it?

Uggers

Uggers Report 20 Nov 2008 22:26

Australians sound a bit like the English, Sue. We moan a lot and are never satisfied as well.

That's true Broggy but the blokey gave the impression that we were all going to be driving around willy nilly with care free abandon now it's under a quid a litre.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Nov 2008 22:28

Let's see how many posts you get on this thread, Uggs. Four pages on mine lol
S

igor

igor Report 20 Nov 2008 22:30

Ah no my friend not if you buy or steal a trolley token.
lost count of the number of pound coins iv'e lost jammed in trolleys.

David Charles

David Charles Report 20 Nov 2008 22:30

i wish diesel would come down as i have 2 long journeys this week and save some money instead of shelling it out journeys work
pale

Uggers

Uggers Report 20 Nov 2008 22:31

You were getting far too much attention, Sue, I had to do something. But I have had a long day and need to go and read in bed before I turn into a big round orange vegetable so I'll step out the arena. You have a good day;)

~♥footie~angel♥~

~♥footie~angel♥~ Report 20 Nov 2008 22:32

I havent owt to say on petrol ~ I never use it but I fort Uggers needed more posts on his thread

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Nov 2008 22:33

G'night, Uggs
S xx

igor

igor Report 20 Nov 2008 22:35

But mrs Igor is now complaining that her back aches from pushing a trolley load of groceries 3 miles every Friday night.
Iv'e suggested Fiery Jack or horse linament ( what doe's a v sign and go s****w yourself mean)

Ann

Ann Report 20 Nov 2008 22:38

our petrol is down to 91p a litre and deisel is £1.06p a litre at the moment at tesco.

★♥*¨¨*Little Ann*¨¨*♥★

★♥*¨¨*Little Ann*¨¨*♥★ Report 20 Nov 2008 22:47

Igor, it means you are pushing the trolley next Friday ... pmsl

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Nov 2008 22:51

Not fair, Mel lol
S