General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

well can tell where house is now

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 21 Nov 2008 19:05

neighbour has been banging and tapping all afternoon, got back this evening and front is lit up with christmas lights and just looked out back and that is lit up as well.

Well at least I wont drive past mine by mistake now

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 21 Nov 2008 19:08

LOL how considerate of them LOL. You won't need to put your own lights up outside now either LOL.

I bought my first christmas tree on Weds (after it took 3 weeks to make the decision) and it's ever so difficult to resist putting it up, but there's no way decs go up in our family's houses until after advent sunday.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 21 Nov 2008 19:32

told hubby today would have to buy the advent calenders soon told me he never had one as a child so why sould they. just gave him a look and he laughed at me.

Less than 5 weeks to go now

jean,300171

jean,300171 Report 21 Nov 2008 19:57

Dawnie I dont wish to know that LOL got three birthdays'before then plus one 2nd Jan ....Jean

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 21 Nov 2008 20:07

Eep, Truth be told I'm struggling to think past the 8th when my uni assignment has to be in.

I have THREE advent calenders this year because I couldn't decide and mum just bought all of them for me LOL.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Nov 2008 03:42

I still get my son an Advent calender with chocolates in, must get one this week when I am out!
Mind you, as I am not around much at his flat, I won't know if he cheats and eats the chocolates too soon. He already has his main present, my friend's table top dishwasher from her kitchen being ripped out, new d/washer coming with kitchen so she sold me her table top one and I hope son will get it installed soon so he doesn't end up with a mountain of washing up so often!

I don't think so many houses will be lit up this year with the cost of electricity etc - saw an ad in our local paper for all outside lights and decorations being sold off from a private address.

Lizx