General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Greaders please re-vote Dec/Jan 09 ANGELA

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 20:03

The following books have tied with three votes each. please vote for two of them

Ann

Goodnight Beautiful by Dorothy Koomson 1 1 1
Diving into Light - Natasha Farrant 1 1 1
Relentless by Simon Kernick 1 1 1
Whispers in the Sand by Barbara Erskine 1 1 1

Animal Lover

Animal Lover Report 27 Nov 2008 20:03

Can I vote for my own here?

AL

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 27 Nov 2008 20:11

Revote. Whispers in the sand.

Goodnight Beautiful.

Jane

Jane Report 27 Nov 2008 20:12

OK Ann ,Here are my choices.
Whispers in the Sand
Relentless (that was brilliant)

Janet

Janet Report 27 Nov 2008 20:20

Dear Ann in Glos, I’m an avid reader. That is when not tracing relatives and would love to join your G.readers group if possible

Jan

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 20:42

Please remember you are not able to vote for your own. sorry, wish you could!!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 20:44

Jan, You are welcome to join us. To make it fair can you just join in and read one or two of the books thata re chosen in the re-vote. We will then review the ones we have read on 12th january and choose the next lot when you can make suggestions.

ann
glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 20:46

Helen, I am a bit puzzled you have voted for relentless and you say that was brilliant. Are you voting for something you have already read?

Animal Lover

Animal Lover Report 27 Nov 2008 20:48

My votes are:

Goodnight Beautiful
Relentless.

AL

Welcome to the group Jan.

Janet

Janet Report 27 Nov 2008 20:52

Hi Ann, that’s fine – I’ll choose one from your list and get reading. Unfortunately I’m off to Malta for New Year and not back until the 19th January, but will hopefully catch up with the book choice then
Jan

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 20:58

Gill has e mailed me her choice

Diving into Light
Whispers in the sand

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 20:59

My choice

diving into Light
Whispers in the Sand

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2008 22:09

n

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 27 Nov 2008 22:48

Goodnight Beautiful by Dorothy Koomson
Diving into Light - Natasha Farrant

Michelle

Michelle Report 28 Nov 2008 00:43

Relentless

and

Diving into Light

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2008 08:25

I think Jill and Theresa may be away so there is just Bev and Angela to re-vote now. At the moment we look like having a further re-vote so i hope they see this and vote.

Ann
Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2008 09:07

I will give this until 12.30 then we will have to take it from there, we really can' afford to spend more than 5 days selecting books I just don't have the time.

Ann
Glos

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Nov 2008 10:29

Sorry Ann was on nights last night but I will have to go with Goodnight Beautiful and Diving into the Light! The other 2 were my choices

Bev

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2008 11:57

I have just discovered that Relentless and Whispers in the sand should not have been in the re-vote. Apparently Helen was under the impression that we were voting for favourite books she is not, at the moment reading with us. I only realised when I checked with her and also saw that she had not suggested any books or reviewed last times books.

At the moment, without Angela who has not re-voted yet, Diving into light is first with Goodnight beautiful second.

does anybody have any objections if we go with these two. I will wait until 12.30 as I said though before posting the final choice.

I have PMd Angela but she has not got back to me yet.

Ann
glos

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Nov 2008 12:00

Thats fine by me.....!!

Bev x