General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Explosion in Slough, noboby hurt at all!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 Dec 2008 12:36

...................................................................................

There has been an explosion a few streets away from where I work and it shook our building dreadfully. We don't know if anyone is hurt yet so can we all think positively that they aren't!

thanks

xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Dec 2008 12:57

I do hope nobody has been hurt. let us know when you hear anything Diana. Thinking positive thoughts for them.

Ann
glos

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 1 Dec 2008 13:27

This is what I found on BBC News.

'Large' blast at trading estate

The blast was heard as far away as Windsor
A fire has broken out after an explosion at a chemical plant on a Berkshire trading estate.

Police, ambulance and fire crews were called the Slough Trading Estate to a firm which manufactures rubber after reports of a "large explosion".

Thames Valley Police said it was thought to have been a chemical explosion and was not suspicious.

A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said nobody had been injured in the blast or fire.

More than 30 firefighters were called to the scene at Eastbourne Road 1000 GMT to tackle the fire.

An eyewitness told the BBC they could see "lots of smoke and activity of emergency services personnel".

Puneet Jindle, who works near the estate, said: "I'm located in Windsor, in the Centrica building, so a few miles away, but we still heard the bang and saw a plume of smoke coming from Slough.

"It's near the power station as far as we could tell. It was fairly large but dispelled quite quickly."

Thames Valley Police said: "We are not aware of there being any casualties at this time.

"The explosion was followed by a fire. The area has been cordoned off and road closures are in place. Motorists are being urged to avoid the area."

The 462-acre business park was made famous as the location for the BBC television comedy series The Office.

Gillie XX

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Dec 2008 15:06

I do hope that eveyone is safe.

Val.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 Dec 2008 15:58

Considering the size of the explosion and the fact that it was a chemicals plant I am gobsmacked, but very pleased to be able to say no-one was injured at all!!

AMAZING!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Dec 2008 16:58

good news nobody was hurt Diana.

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Dec 2008 17:31

That's good news indeed.