General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what the hells happening

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael2

michael2 Report 1 Dec 2008 15:20

what the hells happening with g/r site it keeps freezing on me it,s not my computer it, s about time g/r sorted it or else people will say stuff em it,s about time they sorted it painterman

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 15:23

Contact Gr they dont think there is a problem. This is what they said to me.

Dear Jane,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have just tested this and have been unable to recreate this problem.
If the error persists, I would be grateful if you would let me know which operating system and browser (and version of that browser) that you are using to access the site in order that I may attempt to recreate this issue and further investigate for you. If you could also give me step-by-step details of what is happening when you try to do this, then that'd be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance of your co-operation.

Best regards,

Alex Brett
Genes Reunited Support Team

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 1 Dec 2008 15:25

Painterman........I think that a lot of us have switched to useing www.genesreunited.co.za .This way we are avoiding the freezing and the added bonus of it goes much faster.

Hope this helps : )

michael2

michael2 Report 1 Dec 2008 15:28

thank you amanda and jane it a flippng pain i used to use co.au but lost the link when my computer crashed i cant get it now painterman

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 1 Dec 2008 15:32

You welcome Painterman : )

I've changed to this one ( n.z. ) on my favorites ,everything works so much quicker .

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 15:43

I changed yesterday to GR .co.za. and so far it has been fine.Can someone tell me what the z.a means?

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 15:44

Helen

I believe z.a is South Africa

Jane

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 15:47

Steven

To contact them you have to click on help tab at top right hadside of page. Then click on feedback which will be near the bottom left had side then follow the links.

jane

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 1 Dec 2008 15:48

G.R. have put up an apology........apparently it was an advert that was causing the problem.

jgee

jgee Report 1 Dec 2008 15:55

well there reply to me today was,my mac computer.... the server safari isnt accepting gr funny been on a month with it.. so told them i went on my other one a acer and that kept crashing to... told them not to insult us .. as there is quite a lot of people having the same problems... waiting a reply maybe in a few days.....

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 1 Dec 2008 16:39

Hi everyone

GR have put an apology up on Gen board, have checked yet there isn't one on Chat.

Mine's been crashing since Friday, I use Firefox which they say we should use, crashed again twice today. Have been using links from lovely peeps, yet still no luck.

xxx Shimmer xxx