General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FACEBOOK USERS - HELP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 7 Dec 2008 09:24

A very kind person in Germany is helping me with some family research, and has said they have found a person on Facebook with the same family name I am looking for. My question is that, as I do not go on Facebook,and know nothing about it, how would I be able to make contact with them,if it is at all possible. Or, would I be better putting a general " looking for" on the TTF board on here and hope for the best.
Would some kind person please advise me what to do for the best.
Many Thanks
Julia in Derbyshire

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 7 Dec 2008 09:26

You could set up a FB book account just for that reason..Julia follow the instructions and then do a search pass on your email addy and delete the account.

Julia

Julia Report 7 Dec 2008 12:39

Hailey,,just come back on. Many thanksfor your suggestion
Julia in Derbyshire

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 7 Dec 2008 12:44

You could put the name on here as I believe there are quite a lot that use both sites.

Julia

Julia Report 7 Dec 2008 12:58

Sorry - preparing food for the OH. Gillian,I have a general post on the TTF board,and Julie with urns has replied that she has tried the name on Facebook with no joy. And yet the person in Germany said it was there. However,I have nothing to lose by putting it on here,at the risk of appearing repetative. The name is - Luke Arnull Riemann in Denmark. I do not know his age.
Many,many thanks again
Julia in Derbyshire

Julie

Julie Report 7 Dec 2008 13:04

Julia

There is an Oliver Arnull Riemann coming up & most of his friends are in Denmark

I too would be intersted to see if anyone else can find him

Julia

Julia Report 7 Dec 2008 13:10

Awe Julie - God Bless yer for going to so much trouble for me. They could be related, as it is the middle name ARNULL that I am particularly interested in,as if it was a mother's name before marriage to a Riemann. How do I make contact with this person, or he me, without joining Facebook.
Many,many thanks
Julia in Derbyshire

Julie

Julie Report 7 Dec 2008 13:12

If you want to make contact you'll need to join, or you can ask someone to pass a message for you with your addy

Julie

Julie Report 7 Dec 2008 13:17

Just had another look...there were 51 people in Germany with the surname Riemann but none had Arnull in there

And Oliver is the only one coming up with Arnull Riemann in their name

Julia

Julia Report 7 Dec 2008 13:19

Thanks Julie for that information. Obviously my next question is would you be prepared to do it for me, I willnot be offended ifyou say no, and if so, what is my addy. Dim,dim or what. That's me when it comes to computer terminology.
Many thanks
Juliain Derbyshire

Suzy Camay   ▀

Suzy Camay ▀ Report 7 Dec 2008 13:20

Im getting the same as Julie.

Julie

Julie Report 7 Dec 2008 13:30

I don't mind sending a message..your addy is your E-mail address

If you type a message in a pm with your e-mail address i'll C&P it and send it

Julie

Julia

Julia Report 7 Dec 2008 13:38