Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do the birds know bird watch thread

Page 5 + 1 of 157

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jan 2013 11:23

so pleased to see a thrush in the garden this morning. but he/she got it wrong we usually see a thrush (for the only time) the day after we do the bird watch.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jan 2013 22:30

It is both days you may be able to sneak some time to do it.

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jan 2013 19:05

ooh thanks Ann :-D :-D Problem next weekend I have a house full for OH's 60th.I might not be able to do it :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jan 2013 18:47

Jane bird watch is next weekend. The birds will all disappear by then :-D

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jan 2013 18:44

I didn't realise it is Bird Watch :-S :-S :-S.I could have had a field day
I don't know how many of each bird ,but I have had
Robins
Moorhens
Blackbirds
L T Tits.
Gt Spotted Woodpecker
Sparrows
Blue Tits
Other Tits
Crows
Red Kite (hovering over the garden)
Magpies
and I'm sure others
It's a very busy time here lol

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jan 2013 18:20

I love our sparrowhawk, to see it hunt is amazing. I have a big thing about birds of prey I find them absolutely beautiful. Last saw the sparrow hawk last week catching a blackbird then eating it on the green in front of my house. I stood watching it instead of cleaning the kitchen (much more interesting ) ;-) :-D. Just have to keep in mind that it is all part of the food chain :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jan 2013 15:24

Jude Lol, no they all seem very bright. I have just counted nine (9) blackbirds in our garden, they spend more time chasing each other off than they do feeding.

aaw Rose, I know it is only nature but that is sooo sad.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 19 Jan 2013 15:08

Awww noooo, but sadly she needs to eat too:((

AnnG...have you got any tiddly or very sleepy birds in your garden today....lol

jude :-)

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 19 Jan 2013 14:29

:-( Female Sparrowhawk just took one of the male blackbirds. I'd just put more food out so she had a choice of dish :-| She's sitting outside the garden in the lane eating it.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 Jan 2013 11:19

Black Caps have arrived, l think 3. Quite busy out there now.

Sister has a fence with low wall across the road from her house, so she cut the bramble back and cleared the snow....put loads of food out .... now a mad scramble for food. So many birds:))))

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2013 10:54

Not quiet here, despite the fact it is still snowing they are attacking the feeders and the blackbird is enjoying a feast of some of a three year old Christmas pudding I found in the cupboard. It actually smelled as though it would have been ok to eat, had brandy in it so watch out for tipsy birds.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 Jan 2013 10:03

morning....l have'nt been on here for ages and ages:((

We had 8 l/t/tits yesterday
2 jays
3 -4 blackbirds
loads of chaffinches
loads of sparrows
a nuthatch
the usual doves and woodpigeons

this morning its quite quiet, which has surprised me:(

just a few blackbirds and chaffinches

jude :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2013 09:35

LG sorry was on the Ipad, stupid prescriptive text. Better amend. :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 18 Jan 2013 09:18

8 blackbirds this morning, 1 collared dove, 4 starlings, 3 or 4 sparrows, a chaffinch,a robin, a wagtail and last night I looked out and a hedgehog was out eating the remaining fruit.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2013 18:26

:-D :-D :-D :-D Ann

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2013 16:40

Blkackbirds like fruit, I put out babanas that have gone over, pears, apples, grapes but not tried oranges. Obviously your Robin thinks it is cock Robin LG. :-D

Blkackbirds =blackbirds
babanas = bananas

Presctiptive text not too much alcohol honestly. :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2013 11:30

I had an amazing Robin fight in the garden yesterday. I have a resident male and a young usurper thought he would try his luck at the feeder. Oh dear he did not get of lightly :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 17 Jan 2013 11:28

Thanks LaGooner, I will chop up the clementines and put them out now...the male blackbirds spend so much time sqabbling they need some extra energy :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2013 11:24

Hi Rose, my Blackbirds do and they have a taste for grapes too.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 17 Jan 2013 11:20

11 wood pigeons, five male blackbirds, 2 female blackbirds, lots of sparrows, and a robin have all been here this morning :-D

Does anyone know if any of the above will eat clementines?