General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WEB SITE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bega

bega Report 26 Jan 2009 08:30

Is anyone having trouble with the web site 'cause I am now that all the movies are running.

1. Once I'm in, it either has large print or small if I refresh it will go to small print.

2.Scrolling is a total pain as when you do, it jumps and if you use the slide bar at the side you have to wait until it stops.

I have a laptop and the same thing happens whether i'm in one state or another or an airport using the hot spots.
I also have another computer that my son uses for his games networking and that does it also.
both computers have twin 8800 video cards installed and use 22inch monitors of different brands and the broadband is adsl2+ running at 20,000-1200 so there is nothing wrong with that side of things, so there must be something happening on GR's end .
I have been in touch with them and have said that they will look into it as they were having a little trouble with the site.

Has anyone on these threads have any knowledge on where else to look to rectify this problem

I may not get back quickly as I am coming and going all the time so I will try and get to this thread when I have free time.

thank you
Wayne

Stevie

Stevie Report 26 Jan 2009 08:53

Hi Wayne,
I'm using a laptop in the UK & haven't experienced any problems with GR this morning. I often find the site slow to respond or sometimes freezes & have to close & restart IE.
I've seen occasional posting from members here who've experienced the problem your discribing. But this (if I recall correctly) was mainly when GR updated the site. I
believe GR blamed the problem on older browser types such as IE6. Do your computers all have the same browser & browser version?

Steve.

bega

bega Report 26 Jan 2009 10:29

Steve
I have my lad go through the motions and he has"PINGED" all of the GRs sites through out the world with the return stating this:
100% packet loss on all 4 tries
and timed out on all 4 tries
so to me it is their end that is not working proper
probable cause complete over load of the system causing it to break down all the time making it very very slow
don't they have techie's to fix problems such as this.
and if this keeps up then i will be forced to delete my file and go somewhere else, which I donot need to do but if it is not fixed soon then so be it.

"not Happy Jan"

wayne